Fed up and much in need of help/advice :(

Options
Hi everyone!

I have gone and got myself rather confused with my NET calories, my BMR, AMR, calorie zig-zagging, exercise cals etc.! Basically everything lol!

I thought I had cracked it and I had it all understood and I was losing weight, slowly, but I was losing. Turned out I hadn’t been following it properly and so then re-jigged my goal cal intake/exercise etc to what I thought was right and that did nothing and I lost no weight. So I tried going back to what I thought was right at first and that isn’t doing anything either! I am officially STUCK now.

Basically what I want to know is:…

If my BMR is 1380 then how many NET calories should I be aiming for each day?

Does BMR take into account things like driving, walking, working, housekeeping, cleaning, running around after 3 year old? Or do I need to add these on top of my BMR?

How do I calorie zig-zag correctly?

I REALLY want to get these last few pounds to goal off now! I have tried so hard and am getting really frustrated with the fact that I am stuck at this plateau. I have been sitting here for weeks and weeks now (bar one week where my weigh in said I was 3lbs down, then the next one I was back up by 2lbs!) and cannot figure out what the hell I am doing wrong

Please…any help will be much appreciated, starting to feel like giving up as this weight obviously is not planning on shifting with anything I’m trying :-(!

Replies

• OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Gettin' closer to your weight that you want to be - it gets tougher to achieve...

You may need to up your calories, change up your workout - add more cardio & strength trainin'...change your mealplan...You basically need to SHOCK your body again...

5 lbs away from 117...You can get this by the end of May...

Remember it's not a race :wink:
  • jammyone
    jammyone Posts: 80
    Options
    Hi sd892310

What is your diet like? What are you eating? Protein? Fat? Carbs?

How active are you? Are you going to the gym at all?

Let us know, so that we can see what you're doing and see if you can improve.
  • sd892310
    sd892310 Posts: 151
    Options
    Lately i have been on a NET calorie of between 1300 and 1500, i am normally on all the proteins/carbs/cals/fats but seem to be going over between 3-8g on the sugars on some days, although when i look at my diary i can see where these have come from and they are expected!

Previously was on NET calories of between 1050 and 1200 and wasnt often over on anything again except the sugars, but like before i knew where they would come from and being over on sugar those days was expected.

I do 20 mins indoors each day doing crunches/leg lifts/squats/abdo exercises etc and I attend a combat conditoning class once a week. I don't do anything else, but work full time and have a 3 year old daughter so my days are pretty packed out.
  • jammyone
    jammyone Posts: 80
    Options
    sd892310, although MyFitnessPal is a very good tool for recording what you eat, and to get a good idea of what's going into your body, it doesn't give you an idea of what is healthy or what will give you the best fat loss results.

I'm not sure how much sugar it is you are ingesting but if it's anything near what MFP has recommended, it's likely you're eating too much. Sugar is what causes fat storage; you ingest the sugar and it gets broken down into glucose in your blood stream. Now too much glucose in the blood stream is toxic for the body and so your pancreas releases insulin which takes the energy and stores it (as fat would you believe.)

Change your goals a little; give yourself a split of FAT / PROTEIN / CARBS as 30 / 40 /30, with a limit of 15g of sugar a day and work with that and see how you go. Most people will lose fat if they cut out the sugar in their diet.

You haven't told me exactly what it is you're eating, so I can't really comment on your diet specifically. Keep going with it, it's all worth it in the end!