NSV Completed Yorkshire 3 peaks pics

Options
When I started my weight and exercise programme it was so I could go hill walking. this weekend we completed the Yorkshire 3 Peaks challenge. It is a 24 mile walk with 3 hills to climb with about 5500 feet of climbing. The challenge is to do it in less than 12 hours. we did it in 11hrs 10mins!!. I was just so proud of Jeff and myself completing it. It was very hard especially the climb up the last hill it is very steep and it was extremely windy. It just shows what I can do now. i would never have dreamed of doing this 2 years ago.
This is us exactly 2 years ago on the top of Ingleborough for a comparison it took us 10 hours to walk 8miles!!
Ingleborough2009.jpg

Sunday May 1st 2011
Penyghent Peak 1
3Peaks009.jpg
3Peaks011.jpg
Summit
3Peaks013.jpg

Whernside summit 2
3Peaks022.jpg
Ingleborough summit 3
3Peaks030.jpg
3Peaks033.jpg
after climbing Ingleborough there is a 4 mile walk back, tough but it is all downhill!! Must have been a good burn!!!

Replies

• TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's absolutely brilliant! I am in awe of you - honestly, I really am! And what fantastic locations to be inspired by!
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    Congratulations! That looks like fun, although quite a challenge. Are there others like that you are going to do?
  • YourFriendBecky
    Options
    SO proud of you, and what gorgeous scenery! That must have been supremely gratifying to fulfill a goal like that.
  • galaxysue
    galaxysue Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It was a fabulous day weatherwise although extremely windy which made it a bit scary in places especially coming down the steep bits. It was a shame we had to concentrate on the walking i would have loved to have took more photos from the tops we could see for miles. Still we will be going up there again, only singles this time, though that will be our 1st and last attempt at it!! I am thinking of enttring another walk in October, it is a 27mile walk between Lincoln and Sleaford if any UK folk are interested, you can run or walk. I did it last year hard slog but no hills all flat took me 10.5 hours.
  • dejones
    dejones Posts: 41
    Options
    Well done, you should be very proud. The view are beautiful.