Zumba

Options
I,ve just ordered the zumba fitness workout, has anyone done this and seen results, it looks really good.

Replies

• Amber_Kunkel
    Options
    I've never done it off a video before but we do Zumba at my gym. Its a lot of fun =)
  • shelfy61
    shelfy61 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba for 2 months at the All-Skate in Jackson, MI. It is a blast, very hard at first but once you get up and moving its great. I have lost 2 inches off my waist and feel much better.
  • escadachic
    escadachic Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba. But I'll admit, I've only done it 2 times and I've had it for 2 months!

It works if you do it. My friend does it and it worked well for her. I just need to put in an effort and do it myself. It is fun though!
  • angeleyes13
    angeleyes13 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi, I teach samba (not ballroom type, but Brazillian!) and I have started doing zumba. It's perfect for all round workout and targeting all thoseplaces we'd all like to streamline!!!
    I use the DVD's at home and many of my friends use the WiiFit version and love it!
    good luck with that
    A
  • dee2814
    dee2814 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have it and LOVE it. It has definitely worked tor me. It's fun too
  • stephaniekendrick
    stephaniekendrick Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I love it! I've been doing it since middle of January and I've lost 6.5 inches from my waist and 2.5 inches from my hips. Plus, I burn 928 calories in 60 minutes of Zumba! It's great and the only exercise I love!
  • Ladywindchaser
    Ladywindchaser Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I do water Zumba and it really works. It is a great workout. I am sure doing it out of the pool is just as great.
  • garifuna
    garifuna Posts: 24
    Options
    I do Zumba at the gym, and it is a lot of fun.I have lost ten pounds in a little over a month, and 2 inches from my waist. Zumba will give you results.
  • battistereader
    Options
    I have been taking Zumba for over a year now, and I LOVE it:) I highly recommend it!
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I just received my second set of the DVD's. The "Exhilarate" set. I got the Cardio Party set a while back and fell head over heals in love with this style of workout. I definitely close the door though! LOL Zumba is crazy fun and yes, you see results! You feel results! The dancing really truly engages all of your muscles. I see it most in my core...my abs, my back etc. LOL Since I discovered Zumba, it is now my exercise of choice. I switch up walking/jogging on the treadmill but I prefer to dance, dance, dance!! OK, maybe it doesn't look like dancing...I'm still learning the new stuff but you just stick with it and you gradually learn what to do. I recommend you do the basic DVD until you learn the moves. If you don't, you may get frustrated because you'll feel like you have no coordination but trust me, it clicks after a few times. When I ditched the Basic (step by step instructions) and jumped into the regular workout DVD's, I focused on getting my feet right and then I'd add in my arms...I have more fun by myself these days!! LOL

I would love to know how you like it. "Friend me" if you'd like. I have a few other Zumba fanatics in my short list of friends. Good luck to you!
  • katepolden
    katepolden Posts: 38
    Options
    I love it! I've been doing it since middle of January and I've lost 6.5 inches from my waist and 2.5 inches from my hips. Plus, I burn 928 calories in 60 minutes of Zumba! It's great and the only exercise I love!
    OMG! That's amazing! I've got my first Zumba class tonight - is it on the exercise database?
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I do this at home almost everyday, not sure Im seeing any physical results but certainly I feel good - bloody hurts my calves though!

And I laugh like hell at the blatant power struggle between Beto and Tania, and then with the guest dancer Flavianna (on Cardio party)

ETA - I can burn around 450-600 up to an hour. HRM)
  • mrshalltb
    mrshalltb Posts: 10
    Options
    when doing zumba - 1 hour class or different things on the wii, does anyone know what to record this as????

thanks
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    when doing zumba - 1 hour class or different things on the wii, does anyone know what to record this as????

thanks
    I've just set it up in 'my exercise' or whatever its called.
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I started going to classes a while ago and LOVED IT! Have just got the PS3 motion active game so I can do it at home too when I don't have time to go to the gym - have only done it once so far so can't tell you if it works or not but it made you work up a sweat like the class does and it was great fun :smile:
  • EmmaShorter
    EmmaShorter Posts: 298
    Options
    I do an hour class every Friday night and I love it! It really makes me work up a sweat! I am looking forward to receiving my HRM so I can log it accurately. I also got the Wii Zumba as soon as it came out and I do that as much as I can! I have definately seen the inches coming off and hopefully they will continue to do so even more now I am fittng even more exercise in! I am really starting to enjoy and look forward to exercising! Never ever thought I would say that!
  • FatF2011
    FatF2011 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi there, I' ve just been on this site for a few weeks now and have come across your post as I was trying to find out in terms of exercise, how many calories do you believe one would burn dancing (proper) samba? I also dance salsa (Cuban) and Zumba 2/3 times a week. Many thanks