Workouts and schedules - what works for you?

Options
2»

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    true story, one of my girlfriends is a concert organizer on the lower east side. lots of rock and metal 24/7. She works out late night - cause that's her jam.

Whatever works with your personality - own it!
  • Ladybug1250
    Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, you've all helped me so much (as I knew you would) I'm motived to get my *kitten* up and moving and try these AM workouts again but even if that doesn't work out for me daily I'm going to let myself off the hook a bit for dinners and make it easy or use that crockpot so I can get my workout in when I get home. Feeling inspired, this is just what I needed. I'm literally half way in my workout program which is 12 weeks. Just started week 7 and that familiar hump starts to have me in a rut. Thanks for the advice, focus and positive vibes. I'm feeling back on track mentally.
  • michsax14
    michsax14 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I feel like morning workouts are the way to go, but then again, I'm a morning person :) Good luck!
  • miriams76
    miriams76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I do two JM workouts in the morning (so an hour in total) four days a week, one run in the middle of the week and one of JM's longer workouts (NMTZ etc) on a Saturday morning. I have to be out the door by 8:30a.m so I wake up at 5:45, have a coffee and start just before 6:30.

If I leave it until the evening, I never get around to it consistently.
  • Michelledownunder
    Michelledownunder Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Take a look at that 30 minute commute. I've recently worked out that it takes me 35 minutes to drive to work, and 45 minutes to cycle in (9 km each way,) so a 20 minute daily time investment gets me one and half hours of cardio AND saves gas money. I'm not perfect and there's usually one day a week that I still take the car in, but it's a really time-efficient way to exercise
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Majority of my workouts are in the morning. I work nights though from 11pm to 7am and go workout when I get off from work.
  • Rose6300
    Rose6300 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I work out in the mornings, but my hubs works out right when he gets home from work. I think the transition period is important. Once you get into the evening routine it's hard to carve out the time to do the workout. I agree with the poster that said dinner can wait. Maybe give the kids some veggies to munch on or something while you work out?
  • Ladybug1250
    Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I got home and did my workout yesterday before making dinner. It was great and I had a really good amount of energy! For dinner I just heated up leftovers from the day before and, voila, dinner is served. Today I have a chicken cooking in the crockpot. Love those days when you walk in the house after work and it smells so good from the food cooking all day. Will be tough to workout smelling delicious dinner but I'll get through it.

thanks again for all your advice and personal experiences. I do think I'm going to give the AM Workouts a try once or twice a week, but ultimately I feel better knowing I'm back on track and in control on workout toward my goals!
  • DarbiB
    DarbiB Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm working on morning gym trips as well. Try sleeping in your gym clothes, and packing your work clothes the night before.

Its SO much easier to get up and go when all you have to do is put on your shoes and make it out the door.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    My preference is to work out right when I get home from work, then start dinner. It makes us eat a little later, but that actually helps me with my nighttime snacking urges.

Doesn't always work out that way, so many times I do end up working out at 8pm.
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    That's awesome you managed to fit it in right when you got home. That's what works best for me too... if I wait til after dinner etc, I'm way too lazy and settled in! I don't know if this is an option, but I also go for runs over my lunch break several times a week. I don't worry about showering afterward... just a little hobo bath in the bathroom and call it good. It's also a great way to get in some sunshine during the winter.