Trying to lose weight, but work in a restuarant

Options
My weight loss is at a plateau right now. Even though I do not exercise (work 6 days a week and have a 2 yr old..thats enough exercise)..I was steady losing weight. I feel I'm at a stand still because I work at Applebees and it's really hard not to much on a few fries here and there..or a fried chicken tender. I try to eat better there but if it's low in calories than its high in salt!!! Very high. You wouldn't believe how fattening our food is. And here's a little tid bit...just because it's girlled chicken breast doesn't mean it will be less in calories. Actually alot of our chicken dishes have higher cal/carb content than a burger!!! Anyways..help!!! I need self discipline!!!

Replies

• Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    Options
    I work as a waitress in a bowling alley. Talk about BAD FOODS. I serve it all day. But..I pack in a big bag of snacks and my meal to work with me. And I just say no. I also told everyone to stop offering me stuff. If you have a cell phone, look up their nutrition menu. I do this at work when I get temped. Then I see what a few chips will do to me and I just say no. I'm Diabetic so I HAVE to be disciplined. But you can do it to. You just really have to be prepared. You aren't snacking because you are hungry. You are just doing it out of habit. I also brush my teeth right before work and chew gum. Then I don't want to disturb the minty goodness going on in my mouth.
  • colombiana444
    colombiana444 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i work at outback steakhouse, and even though we do have some healthy options, i bring my own lunch, dinner, and snacks. It's the only way you are gonna make it. Since i've tried almost everything in the menu already... by not eating their food it i dont feel like im missing out on much... i do get free meals here and there so i choose the healthier options.... once in a while when i have a cheat day and have a dessert or something, i just make sure i stay under my calories.
  • DolphinJewel
    Options
    I understand how it's harder in a restaurant because I am a bartender in a Tex-Mex restaurant and we get half price off a meal every shirt and I don't often have time for lunch and then I am starved and most of our food options are heavy and fattening. There are some healthier options, but not many and, I have no idea how many calories they have. It is tough, that's for sure but, at least, working at a restaurant, you are very active and burning a lot of calories. I am going to just try to eat the grilled fajita salad rather than enchiladas or something. It's tough, for sure.
  • stephcorona
    stephcorona Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I also work at outback and I know how tempting it can be so I always try to make sure that bring snacks so that I am less tempted. Also if I feel like im about to munch on something I always think is this something I should be eating and it almost always isnt so I go do a walk around the restaurant instead. Also try to drink a lot of water while you are there.
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I understand how it's harder in a restaurant because I am a bartender in a Tex-Mex restaurant and we get half price off a meal every shirt and I don't often have time for lunch and then I am starved and most of our food options are heavy and fattening. There are some healthier options, but not many and, I have no idea how many calories they have. It is tough, that's for sure but, at least, working at a restaurant, you are very active and burning a lot of calories. I am going to just try to eat the grilled fajita salad rather than enchiladas or something. It's tough, for sure.

Hmmmm a teacher that works in a restaurant. Another post says you haven't worked because you hurt your back... and another that you work out with a personal trainer... make up your mind!