Any tall ladies?

Options
I'm back at it after gaining about 20lbs. I'm 5'11, 166lbs, 36 years old from Columbus, OH. I had to restart my profile from a year ago, but I'm back hoping to get 10lbs of that 20lbs gained off (I went a bit too low last time and it wasn't maintainable). Looking for friends. Eat about 1600 calories a day and don't work out much at this time. Would prefer to get my diet in order before adding exercise. Any one out there have similar goals? When I was on a year ago I had great friends and I looked forward to seeing their victories daily when I logged in. Looking for friends again. I love food and beer/wine a bit too much, addicted to Netflix. I don't have kids and l've been in a long term relationship for 2+ years. Losing weight was pretty easy when I was single and only feeding myself - I know this time it will be more challenging!

Replies

• immortalities
    immortalities Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Good for you, deciding to come back! I'm 5'10 and when I started my journey I was around about the same weight as you. I know how tricky it is trying to lose weight being in a relationship - especially when my boyfriend has a crazy good metabolism and can eat what and when he likes and still have the figure of a stick insect. Oh and he doesn't like to eat vegetables either.

Usually when I make dinner for us, we'll have the same main dish i.e. the chicken, fish, whatever it may be but I'll have mines with a huge side of veggies and he'll have his fries etc. It's a bit of a pain sometimes but I think it's worked in the long run!

Best of luck to you on your journey! :smiley:
  • shelbylmiller
    Options
    Hi!

I'm 32, 5'8, about 180 lbs, so I have a bit more to go than you, but I'm in the same "no exercise" boat. Mostly just concentrating on food right now.

Good for you getting back on wagon! Definitely more challenging in a relationship -- I started gaining weight after I got married. My trick now is to make my hubby stuff I don't particularly like, like adding mushrooms in with the alfredo I made him.
  • PudgyPanda91
    PudgyPanda91 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    6 foot here. Way over 200 lbs though. I'm also mostly focussing on my diet right now, since that's what tends to backfire the fastest.

Feel free to add me! Good luck on your journey!
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hey there, Love seeing Tall ladies out there! I'm 32, 5'10, 154#, looking to lose about 15 at max to get to my ultimate goal. I was almost there and lost my (future) father in law, started a new job and long time boyfriend moved in this summer...all in a span of 3 months..its been rough but really committed to getting back on track! Focusing on getting back to basics, pushing protein, veggies & water! Hardest challenge for me...Making dishes that satisfy my new roommate..aka...the boyfriend who would eat corndogs, pizza & ice cream everynight if he could...and he still stays in shape! (Fail). Excited to make some connections hopefully- havent been on in forever! :)
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 5'11, currently 157. I started at 215 lbs in January. I'm interested in getting down to 149, although I may reconsider when I get down there. I'm trying to net 1600-1690 calories a day (I eat back my exercise calories).

Although it's good to make slow changes, adding exercise makes weight loss so much easier and more sustainable. It also helps you maintain muscle as you lose weight (meaning, a larger percentage of the weight you lose is fat). Us tall ladies can so easily become "skinny fat."
  • chimebird
    chimebird Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm in a similar situation as well. After losing nearly 70 lbs, I've gained a chunk of it back and I'm working on losing 20 lbs. It's harder the second time!

I'm 27, 5'10". I lift, run, and do some yoga. Recovering from binge eating disorder. In an LDR but moving to Australia next month to be with him, luckily he's committed to improving his eating habits, too.

I'd love more active friends, anyone should feel free to add me.
  • acmorris77
    acmorris77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat with my husband. He eats terribly and I gained 25 pounds when he moved in 3 years ago and haven't taken it off! We just got married and I'm looking to make some changes. I definitely over indulge in the wine and am starting with my diet. Not exercising yet. I'm 6'2" 208.
  • sexy48
    sexy48 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Im 5'9" I weight 277 Im working on my weight one day at a time I loss 4pounds this.
  • k8dagr8
    k8dagr8 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm 32, 5'8, about 180 lbs, so I have a bit more to go than you, but I'm in the same "no exercise" boat. Mostly just concentrating on food right now.

Good for you getting back on wagon! Definitely more challenging in a relationship -- I started gaining weight after I got married. My trick now is to make my hubby stuff I don't particularly like, like adding mushrooms in with the alfredo I made him.

I am 5'8 and re-started my mfp journey last month after tipping the scale at 202lbs! I am down to 190 now. Last year I was at 168lb when I lost traction. right now I am 100% diet and no exercise (its freezing her in NJ right now). I normally try to walk my 30 min lunch break but can't even do that right now.
    I do have a set of 6 yr old twin girls and a 2.5 yr old son....my son destroyed me more than the twins did! I am doing a low gluten thing right now bc for some reason pizza and pasta started giving me nausea and tummy troubles. I am not jumping onto the gluten allergy/ciliac bandwagon just yet just taking it as a wake up call to get my diet in order!
  • ColoradoBringItOn
    ColoradoBringItOn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and just under 250 pounds so I still have about 70+ pounds to lose. I too was like you and loved my beer and comfort foods as a way to unwind and cope with stress and life. I finally got pissed enough about it and signed up for a 10 week difficult program and it completely changed everything I've ever learned about food 180 degrees. I eat clean 6x a day 6 days a week and I workout 6 days a week and get a Funday on Sundays. I'm on week 9 out of 10 and I've already lost 40 pounds since the beginning of October. Weight loss is really mind over matter. Once food becomes fuel, not for pleasure you can do amazing things! I'm here if you want to add me. I love to support others in their dreams :)
  • ColoradoBringItOn
    ColoradoBringItOn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    k8dagr8 wrote: »
    Hi!

I am 5'8 and re-started my mfp journey last month after tipping the scale at 202lbs! I am down to 190 now. Last year I was at 168lb when I lost traction. right now I am 100% diet and no exercise (its freezing her in NJ right now). I normally try to walk my 30 min lunch break but can't even do that right now.
    I do have a set of 6 yr old twin girls and a 2.5 yr old son....my son destroyed me more than the twins did! I am doing a low gluten thing right now bc for some reason pizza and pasta started giving me nausea and tummy troubles. I am not jumping onto the gluten allergy/ciliac bandwagon just yet just taking it as a wake up call to get my diet in order!

Girl look up HIIT workouts. They are high interval intensity training workouts that are only 4 minutes of actual exercise. If you do those 3-4 times a week in your home you'll be BLOWN away at how quickly you start dropping weight and building stamina. I do a lot of those each week so I know they work wonders :)
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky enough that my boyfriend 'will' eat well. Neither of us are fast food people (can't tell you the last time I ate McDonalds). It's winter now, we both hate gyms and cold. Typically we walk together in the warm months but in winter we tend to hibernate. I have videos I'll do, but I like doing one thing at the time then slowly adding it. Trust me, I've been here before. In 2010 I weighed 193lbs. In summer of 2012 I got down to 143. I know what works for me. I just have to do it.

• joihelen
    joihelen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and need to lose weight too. lets support each other
  • staceyhotmama
    staceyhotmama Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 11 with 25-30 lbs to lose. :)
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" with about 25 pounds to lose!
  • silverbeam22
    silverbeam22 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 foot, currently at about 187lbs, trying to get to 155, so 32 pounds to go! Feel free to add me if you want :)
  • hikecampgal
    hikecampgal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    5'11" here hovering around the 260lb mark :neutral_face:
  • SKMTX
    SKMTX Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello I am new 5'9" and I want to lose 80 pounds :smiley:
  • lomogeek
    lomogeek Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm at 5'10" with about 30-40ish pounds to loose. :)