Bodybuilding.com workouts

Options
Anyone ever use any workout plans from bodybuilding.com? I love that site, and am currently getting back into Jamie Eason's LiveFit program (going to start at Week 3)

Replies

• danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today. How did it go for you?
  • kapoorpk
    kapoorpk Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    When I started, I found Lee Labrada's 12 week workout plan very helpful. For me, it taught me a lot. It has morphed into something completed different for me now, but would help those just starting.

The best thing with Lees's program I found is that it is not very extreme, thus, helps without any crazy routines or promises.

Good luck!
  • elroberto78
    Options
    I was thinking about trying the Dorian Yates plan but have already been doing a Mike Mentzer style HIT plan (albeit with a little hiigher frequency than Mentzer would advocate as I don't feel like I need to take 4-7 days between workouts just yet) and in reality they're very similar. I trained using more high volume in my younger days but this method seems to be working for me. I'm still in the noob gains phase (5 weeks in) but am finding 3 workouts with heavy weights a week to be doing the trick as I'm making good progress. None of these workouts is longer than 40 minutes but then again, it would be impossible to maintain that level of intensity for longer. What I have also noticed is that this HIT style of trainning is also a good workout Cardiovascularly as well. I'm currently doing this with a daily 500-700 calorie deficit too. I'm sure if I was eating at maintenance I'd probably see an increase in my rate of strength/muscular development but I've a fair bit of timber to lose from my frame first.
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I have just started trying to lift heavy, and plan on adding some of the bodybuilding.com workouts to my workout routine....keep us updated on your progress!!!
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    When I started, I found Lee Labrada's 12 week workout plan very helpful. For me, it taught me a lot. It has morphed into something completed different for me now, but would help those just starting.

The best thing with Lees's program I found is that it is not very extreme, thus, helps without any crazy routines or promises.

Good luck!

I also started out with Lee Labrada's 12 week workout plan. It really taught me about using free weights. I didn't personally do the nutrition part of the program, but the workouts are a great way to become more knowledgeable (imo) about workout equipment, and that if you didn't want to do the whole 12 weeks, to be able to make up your own workouts. Wonderful for beginners.
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I recently finished Corey Greggory's 16 week get swole program (musclepharm). The program yielded pretty good results with my body recomping from 18% BF at 170 pounds to 14% at 180 pounds and I was working out in my apartment gym. I think if I had an L.A. fitness or something similiar the results wouldve been better. Most of the prorgams on BB.com recommend an obscene amount of supplements-do not buy all of them. I would suggest a few staples like protein, creatine, BCAAs and a pre workout however.

Good luck.
  • BananaBee3
    Options
    Sorry for such a BELATED reply (I fell off the MFP wagon there for a while). But thank you so much for your responses! I may just check out Lee Labrada's workout program. So far, I've been searching by body part to either find full workouts to try or just ideas for different exercises to do.

I would love to have a program in mind to really stick to for New Years.