5'3 and recently lost 30 pounds :)

Options
Hi there! I'm Hannah and I'm not exactly new to MFP. I've been using it off and on for a year or so. In March, I started to get very serious about tracking everything I ate and exercising 5-6 times a week. I slowly lost the weight, about 1 pound a week, and I've been at my goal weight for a few months now. I started at 152, which is "overweight" for someone of my height. I now weigh 122 and actually have muscle definition--something I NEVER knew I could have! More than that, I FEEL so much better. I have more energy, I'm happier, I don't ever get sick. It's amazing and I honestly want to shout from the rooftops that IT CAN BE DONE! I'm very passionate about motivating others and LOVE offering advice/tips... so I'm looking for new friends here and starting to network for the first time. I love surrounding myself with people who have like-minded attitudes and similar fitness goals. I believe we can all help each other to be a little better :)

beforeandafter.jpg

A little bit more about me... I'm 25 and have been married to my best friend for 5 years (I know, we were very young!) We have two dogs and like to sail on the weekends :)

IMG_9918.jpg

I'm looking forward to meeting more people!

Replies

• kmcnutt2543
    kmcnutt2543 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :) You look great!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I'm only an inch taller than you and I can't even get into the 130s :( I can't ever imagine 122.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    You look great. Congratulations!
  • EmTasticAbs
    EmTasticAbs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job with your weight loss! Glad to hear you feel happier and healthier!
  • bananabeannn
    bananabeannn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    nice work! i'm 5'3, stuck at 133ish forever. i'm gonna send you a friend req!
  • mrboothy56
    mrboothy56 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You look great! Nice work :)
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look fab!
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Amazing.. :) You look great.. I am gonna send you a request. Can you tell me more about your workout routine? I am 5 ft and I am 111lbs and skinny fat, nowhere I look as good as you..
  • MarianneDarroch
    MarianneDarroch Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look amazing.

Going to send you a request, I am 5,4 and currently weighing in at 162, aiming for around a 30 pound loss myself.
  • eychenn
    eychenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look amazing and it's inspiring. I'm a bit shorter at 5'2" and also started at 152lb. I'm 5 weeks into my seriousness and looking to lose 20lb as my first goal :) how long did it take you to get to yours?
  • theskyrimjedi
    theskyrimjedi Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful. Congrats on your success. Can I follow in your footsteps? :)
  • hannahrichins
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! :D
    eychenn wrote: »
    Congrats!! You look amazing and it's inspiring. I'm a bit shorter at 5'2" and also started at 152lb. I'm 5 weeks into my seriousness and looking to lose 20lb as my first goal :) how long did it take you to get to yours?

20 pounds is a great first goal! I originally was only planning on losing 10 pounds and had NO idea I could lose 30 pounds :) It took me about 7 months.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Congrats on you success!!
  • Hey guys I'm 5' 2" and would love some friends. I'm 170lbs at the mo and looking to get to 150lb. I'd eventually like to get to 140 but thought smaller goals would be more achievable :) please add me :smiley:
  • mmjr89
    mmjr89 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey congrats!! I'm sure it is such a great feeling..be proud!!
    Ill send you a friend request!!
  • lycheenmango
    lycheenmango Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Looking great, congratulations! I am 5' 4" and looking to lose 30 pounds this year.
  • Brochermore
    Options
    I'm 5ft 1 and have lost 42lbs another 28 to go for my daughters wedding x
  • mrdeli
    mrdeli Posts: 6
    Options
    Wow that's a major difference- you look great - well done you!