I'm a nervous newbie!

Options
Just wanted to say hello to you all here. Today was my first day using MFP. I'm a little nervous but only because my weight problem has always been a personal battle, and maybe that's why I have always failed - not having enough support! I am a busy mum to 5 sons aged from 6 months to 8 years, 2 with special needs. So convenience food and take away play a big part in our daily lives. Anyway, that's just a little about me, so hi every one!x

Replies

• kbranscum
    kbranscum Posts: 5
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great tool to use in your weight loss process. I hope you find the support you need.
  • mackemshazza
    mackemshazza Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome, it's my 1st day too. I've never been on a diet as it's a bad bad word, I just want to make myself more "aware" I guess.

Daunting isn't it!
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm only a week old here, and love it so far (I have actually stuck to something healthy! - this is amazing for me). I'm sure you'll find some support, and I hope you get all you need and then some :) Feel free to add me if you want!
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Feel free to friend me. I have been here a couple of months, and it has helped massively - logging everything makes you think about how many calories are in things, and helps you want to cut them out. Sometimes is just as easy, and just as nice to pick up something with less calories in the supermarket etc!

Personally, I have cut out fizzy drinks due to the calories in them - dont want to waste any calories on a coke when I can have come yummy food instead, and a glass of water!

Also, if you have a down day (which we all do!) then the support on here is amazing :smile:
  • ChrisR0128
    ChrisR0128 Posts: 86
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you. Remember a few things, 1 you didnt gain the weight overnight so dont expect to lose it all at once. 2 Be honest with yourself about tracking your calories. 3 And most important: You are not alone (look around at all the people on here).