Who was here in January of 2014?

Options
MissJay75
MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
edited December 2014 in Success Stories
The 2015 goal thread got me thinking, where will all these people be in another year, and how many of us will reach our goals.

So who was here last January, setting goals for 2014? What were they, and did you accomplish them?

My goal was to stay on the horse for a year and get down to 130 pounds. I have logged 322 consecutive days, and my weight hit 130 this month a little ahead of schedule.

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I actually started in March of 2013, so I was here in January 2014 and had already lost a lot by then of course. Honestly though at the start of 2014, I hadn't hit onederland yet...I was at 203 I believe. So I just hoped to be in the 180-199 range by the end of the year and I'm pleased to be at 169.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I've been here and maintaining since 2011.... goals met yup yup
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    December 24 2011. Maintaining for 2 years.
  • StarFall90
    StarFall90 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I started February 2014 and had a goal to lose 75-100 pounds this year. I have lost 75 hoping to be around 85 by February. Next year's goal is to be another 100 pounds lost.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I joined on January 20th. I didn't have a set goal for the year, but I've lost 54 pounds with another 49 to go.
  • pimpin_po
    pimpin_po Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I was, I went from 215-210 to 128, maintained for a few months lost my *kitten* over summer and am back at 150 something.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Way to go you guys! I love to hear from people who have been around for a long time. Gives me hope that I can do it too.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I was here. However, I was at the end of my second trimester/beginning of third in Jan. I actually started using this site in March of 2013. Went from 218lbs to 170lbs before becoming pregnant with my second child. At my 41 wk(May 27) appointment I was 212lbs and I had a csection 2 days later. Currently I'm around 162lbs and still working towards my goals.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    January 2013 and reached my weigh goal. Just trying to reach my body fat goal now.
  • mattslater2014
    mattslater2014 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started in Jan 14 at 22st 1lb and am just about to hit 16st which is a little early as I was aiming for 6 stone by the end of the year. Goals for 2015 are toning up and losing the final 2 stone.
  • earlyxer
    earlyxer Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Jan 1, 2012 at about 190 lbs. Hit goal within 4 mos and have maintained my percentage while gaining weight via muscle. Logged 1,069 consecutive days....
  • eyleene
    eyleene Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    restarted Jan 1 2014 after getting to 113 kgs or 248.6 lbs , no specific goal in mind , just needed to get some control back . now at about 96 kgs / 211 lbs so down about 38 lbs which I almost cant believe how easy it was ( well sortve easy )
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Was here in Jan and reached my first goal and have maintained it for months. Starting Jan '15, I'll have a new goal and hope to reach it and maintain it again. See you in Dec '15!
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    I've been logging consistently for 370 days now. Many goals met; many new goals set. It's been a fun ride so far :-)
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I was not here in January 2014. I started MFP at the end of May. I started trying to lose weight in April 2014 and joined MFP in May for help with counting calories. Since April I've lost 109 pounds. 91 more to go! I love that I lost more weight than I have left to go… Losing 200 pounds seemed so formidable 8 months ago! Having finally gotten to this point… it seems totally within reach. I'm not going to put a number on what I hope to lose in 2015… I simply intend to continue on. Stay the course. If I do that… the number will take care of itself.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I had just started in January 2014, and now I'm down 33lb with only 8 left to go! I'm SO glad I stuck with it and it's not another year of ''if I had started this time last year...''.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I started January 2013 and just reached the weight goal I set back then today. Since then I have switched my goal focus to not being a number on the scale to being more fitness related and some of those I have met this year others due to an injury I did not. But I'm still here and 2015 will be another adventure
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I've been around for awhile. I can't even remember when I joined, but I think it was in 2012 sometime. (I just found the message boards this year though.) I've actually gained weight in 2014 (bulk), but my clothes fit better than they did at the beginning of the year. Now, I'm working on losing again to drop my body fat %.
  • jenabugg
    jenabugg Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've been here since December 1st of 2014. I'm down about 35 pounds. I hope next year I am able to make more progress.
  • mizzzc
    mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I joined on January 10, 2014. After seeing my pictures from my birthday party (Jan 6) I thought enough was enough and set a goal to lose 60 pounds by January 10, 2015.

I lost the weight mostly though diet as I am a single mom and just couldn't find the time for exercise. I joined a gym in September and am focused on eating healthy - mostly a paleo type diet and strength training 3 times a week and cardio 3 times a week.

Also I never restrict myself too much - I love food and honestly could've lost the weight alot quicker if I did restrict more on the weekends but on the weekends I mostly eat at maintenance.

Anyways I've lost 47 pounds and dropped 6 pant sizes. I have to lose another 13 to be at goal for 2015 but doubt i'll make that as I'm more focused on gaining muscle now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!