Fellow brides out there??

Options
My wedding is in 8 months, and looking for motivational and supportive health and activity buddies, also any other tips or tricks experienced brides found to work the days leading up to their special day <3

I am 25, getting married august 29th at a vineyard, I have found my dress, and I love it! Its a mermaid style... sooo any little belly pooch or lump will be shown! To say the least, I am feeling the pressure.
My final dress fitting is at the end of June, and I would love to way 15 pounds less and be all over-more fit!
It would be great to have some fellow active MFP brides on my friends list and news feeds for motivation and support, and of course I would love to help out any other brides going through the same things right now :)

Replies

• mfritzzz
    mfritzzz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fellow bride-to-be here! Nice to meet you, congrats on your upcoming wedding! This is my first post on MFP, although I've been a member for years and have fluctuated with my weight over that time. When I have lost weight in the past, it was when I was most diligent about MFP, so it would be great to have another bride to share tips and get motivated with!

Getting married on August 15th in Philadelphia, and currently living across the country so planning everything from here. I don't have my dress yet, but I started shopping over the summer while I was still home so I've been able to rule a few things out. I tried on a few mermaid dresses, they were all so beautiful, but I think I'm going to end up with a ballgown - completely opposite of what I thought I would want, but those were the ones that I looked and felt best in while shopping. :smile: Going home over the holidays for some more marathon dress hunting, and I'm hoping to find it then!

Sounds like we'd be on the same fitness timeline. I'm shooting to lose about 20 pounds, but I also want to be toned. Arms, shoulders, and waist especially..!
  • laurenk08
    laurenk08 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, I friend requested you!
    The only times I have actually lost weight is when I was diligent with MFP as well, so I am hoping tracking and being consistent will also help the weight come off.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in July (and at a vineyard too!)! I'm super excited and would like to lose about 20 pounds but I will actually still be pretty happy if I can lose 10. Ultimately I would like to be down 30 although I don't expect that for the wedding. Since I started medical school it has been harder to focus on my eating and exercise habits but I need to make it a priority again. I have my dress already and fortunately it fits in a way that weight fluctuations won't be a huge factor (at least for how my body deals with weight loss) so I'm not as worried about that. I just want to look and feel as best I can :)
  • lizlashley2009
    lizlashley2009 Posts: 54 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I just got engaged and now need more motivation to slim down I'm trying to slim down I got a little ways off sept 2 2017 but I want to loose 20-30 lbs to fit into my black dress my dad bought me for prom before he died so I habe a piece of him with me anyone can add me mh7j735tllt9.jpg
  • dlibonati
    dlibonati Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi brides!

I'm getting married Aug 1 at a summer camp and I have ambitious goals to get back in shape! I just started dress shopping and have found a couple i really like. One of them has a 4 month lead time so I'd like to lose a good amount before ordering it.

Feel free to add me as well!
  • AnnaChanges
    AnnaChanges Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I am getting married in July feel free to add me all :) I lost 60 lbs and my goal until my wedding is to maintain and to firm up my body through exercise as I developed excess skin
  • amtru2015
    amtru2015 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Getting married in May---feel free to add me so we can rock this!
  • Sugarnspice1922
    Sugarnspice1922 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Helllllllloooo I just got engaged two weeks ago!! I have a year and a half to lose 50lbs! Add me
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm getting married June 6th, so just under 6 months to go. After 25 years of yo yo dieting, I am finally comfortable with who I am, but do need to stay focused, not get carried away with my food (I love cake, and biscuits, and....and....!) and keep the exercise up. I'm not looking to lose any weight as such, although a few lbs won't do any harm, and I just want to look the best version of me on the big day. My dress is not very forgiving and I don't want bingo wings and back fat....I want to look fit, strong and sexy!! The dress in my avatar is the one I have bought.....so you can see what I need to do!!!! Bring it on!
  • _caseyb
    _caseyb Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Getting married March 7th! Down 20lbs and just looking for the last 5 now. Time is flying!
  • Renee0887
    Renee0887 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Getting married Sept 5, 2015...feel free to add me.
  • rileyglasgow
    rileyglasgow Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I'm new to MFP and i'm getting married on the 12th of September 2015. Looking forward to shedding 15lbs before the big day. Wishing you all the best of luck with your goals - feel free to add me!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    laurenk08 wrote: »
    My wedding is in 8 months, and looking for motivational and supportive health and activity buddies, also any other tips or tricks experienced brides found to work the days leading up to their special day <3

I am 25, getting married august 29th at a vineyard, I have found my dress, and I love it! Its a mermaid style... sooo any little belly pooch or lump will be shown! To say the least, I am feeling the pressure.
    My final dress fitting is at the end of June, and I would love to way 15 pounds less and be all over-more fit!
    It would be great to have some fellow active MFP brides on my friends list and news feeds for motivation and support, and of course I would love to help out any other brides going through the same things right now :)

not for nothing- but good undergarments and a solid corset will help fix most of the lumps and bumps.

Congrats and good luck!!! :)
  • Heatherthecyclist
    Heatherthecyclist Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    31st July for me :)

I would like to be about 7lbs lighter by then. Mine is on a Greek beach so I also need to be bikini ready!!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Let's be friends! I just got engaged and am attempting to find a reception hall sometime between May-July. Which means I have to find my own dress very soon.

Would anyone be interested in joining a group if I made one?

I'm starting Stronglifts on Thursday to get me some muscle definition! I'm not really trying to lose much more weight (about 5 lbs) but I really have a hard time being motivated for fitness. That's where I'm hoping my new bride buddies could come in?
  • Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. getting married 3/28! I bring my dress to the seamstress for alterations, repairs, etc in Jan.....and added stress, my bridesmaid was thoughtful enough to let me know she got me a wedding gift....I am getting boudoir photography done on 1/27!
  • Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Let's be friends! I just got engaged and am attempting to find a reception hall sometime between May-July. Which means I have to find my own dress very soon. Would anyone be interested in joining a group if I made one? I'm starting Stronglifts on Thursday to get me some muscle definition! I'm not really trying to lose much more weight (about 5 lbs) but I really have a hard time being motivated for fitness. That's where I'm hoping my new bride buddies could come in?

Me!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Slasher09 wrote: »
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Let's be friends! I just got engaged and am attempting to find a reception hall sometime between May-July. Which means I have to find my own dress very soon. Would anyone be interested in joining a group if I made one? I'm starting Stronglifts on Thursday to get me some muscle definition! I'm not really trying to lose much more weight (about 5 lbs) but I really have a hard time being motivated for fitness. That's where I'm hoping my new bride buddies could come in?

Me!

yay!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Done! Bride Buddies 2015-2016! Check for it in your inbox. Anyone else also interested in being a Mod for the group?