ATTENTION to all Get Focused in May Challenge Participants!!

Options
As Director of Communications for the LEE FOR PRESIDENT campaign, I have been asked to convey to you that all those participating in the Get Focused in May Challenge be tasked with a very simple mini challenge today. Today's Get Focused in May mini challenge is as follows:

Send a PM to anyone (not necessarily a challenge participant) on MFP that has really supported, or inspired, you to do well on your journey to your weight loss goal. Let them know how they have helped support you and/or why they have inspired you to excell and take your weight loss to the next level. Most importantly, thank them for all they have helped you accomplish. The key factor in this task is to BE POSITIVE.

After you have done so, post a reply to this thread saying you have accomplished this goal. If you would like to share who and what you wrote, you are more than welcome to do so; however, it is not a requirement to do so if you wish to keep the person and the message private. It is a requirement to post that you did in fact accomplish this simple task.

~*.*~♥Violette♥4Ever♥~*.*~
(This message has brought to you by the LEE FOR PRESIDENT campaign)

Replies

• dthompson17
    dthompson17 Posts: 24
    Options
    done.....
  • mrscjwilson
    mrscjwilson Posts: 252
    Options
    DONE!!! :heart:
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I have sent one to my first friend on here saying thank you, cos with out her and that first link i would not be where i am now !

ok then ..................the rights of my office mean i might send a few more too !
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Done! The person I PM'd was one of my very first friends on MFP. She is truly an amazing lady who has gone through so much in her life, but is still an extremely determined and focused woman. She is focused on being healthy and getting fit. She has had many obstacles stand in her way, but has tackled and overcome each one. I have the upmost admiration and respect for her. She has been my inspiration through my journey here on MFP. Thank you Mary!
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Done
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Done!!! :drinker:
  • gunny34
    gunny34 Posts: 68
    Options
    :bigsmile: DONE!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Done.
    And I have to say, I love the spreadsheet, thanks!
  • dandydalek
    dandydalek Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    done! :happy:
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    DONE!! and I will share my message.....

Ma Belle,
    I'm am sending you this message to let you know how much your friendship means to me. You were the first person to reach out to me on MFP and without your support I really don't think I would have made it this far. Today, I stand with you and celebrate a milestone of reaching a 90 lbs weight loss and I really don't think this would have been possible without you. Your motivation and positive posts always encouraging me to log in everyday...... and for that I thank you. As I embark on over 6 months logged in to this site our link up on here as turned into a wonderful friendship that I will cherish forever!!! I can't wait to run a 5K with you someday and to cut bread with you and raise a glass in your honor, because without you, I would not have come so far. Thank you for believing in me..... I'm truly blessed to call you my friend. Je t'aime ma chère xoxo bisous
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    ♥Violette♥4Ever♥ Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    My greatest inspiration on MFP is my friend SlapShotGolf. He is a gentleman who started MFP at the end of November at 380 pounds and recently celebrated his 100lb loss milestone a few weeks ago. Though he still has about 70lbs to to lose before reaching his goal weight, he has since dropped 6 pounds. I had the opportunity to interview him on my radio show, Double Talk Radio, and the man is truly inspiring.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Done! :glasses:
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Done as well
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Sent mine!! AND
    i must say, it left me with a warm, fuzzy feeling :bigsmile:
  • pammiegirl1117
    pammiegirl1117 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This is a wonderful day filled with love and appreciation.

Message sent.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    done!! sent my msg to "sexycook"... she's always so positive & so motivational!! i really appreciate having her as my fitness pal :smile:

what a great mini-challenge, btw!!
  • manenuff21
    manenuff21 Posts: 63
    Options
    Done
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Done!

Someone I went to middle school with started posting MFP feeds on her facebook page. It got me interested and I asked her how she liked MFP. She seemed to like it so I signed up too.

What a relief to find such a supportive website and group of folks who are all on the same journey in life!!
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Done! I sent mine to SJD because she is JUST so bally WONDERFUL

:heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • cc2r1511
    cc2r1511 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Done!