High protein low carb ~800 calories recipes?

Options
Hi everybody, I often find myself with 800-900 calories left for my dinner and I need some new ideas about what to cook. Some carbs are ok since I'm not really doing low carbs (but I still try to watch them, I'm doing 35-30-35) and I try to eat as many proteins as possible to reach my daily goal.
Thank you

Replies

• blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    How much protein are you going for? You'll need to add some fat to get that many calories in one meal with lowish carbs..is there room for more fat?

I would do steak, cauliflower gratin (cauliflower, butter, half and half, cheese..2 servings of that is about 430 calories alone there's a recipe on ibreatheimhungry), another veggie side (maybe green beans with bacon crumbles).

That's more high fat than high protein but I find it difficult to get a lot of calories in without protein alone..and you said you like to keep carbs lowish.
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    skinless chicken breast; grilled. Very high in protein. About 21 grams for a 98 gram breast. The Tyson Grilled and Ready are pre-cooked and frozen and are very convenient. For a grain quinoa is high in protein and there are so many recipes on the internet. Cottage cheese is very high also. Toss in some greens and tomato slices and you've got about 40 grams of protein.