Big Calorie Meal of the Day?

Options
I almost always save half of my calories for a large supper. Would I benefit any by eating a larger breakfast on occasion or a larger lunch and going with my small 300 calorie breakfast meal at Dinner Time? anyone have any comments on this?

Replies

• mommyofjan
    mommyofjan Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I eat most of my calories in the evening too. Dinner and several snacks. What time you eat doesn't matter. Plan your meals how the best fit your schedule :smile:
  • bd208
    bd208 Posts: 41 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I eat the majority of my calories in the morning and at lunch. I don't like the idea of going to bed with alot of food on my stomach. I do agree with mommyofjan that planning your meals in very important!
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    It depends on what works best for you. I do intermittent fasting because I am not hungry in the morning and forcing myself to eat something when I am not hungry makes me sick. I only eat 400- 600 calories during the day and then at dinner I eat about a 1000 calorie meal. This works for me because I am hungry in the late afternoon/ evening. If eating a larger dinner works for you then I would keep up with it.
  • bd208
    bd208 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Orfygirl, that's pretty much what I said, just put it differently. I don't advocate anyone do as I do. She asked a question so I gave her what worked for me....that's all!
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've heard different things about this, but I have a 75yo friend who is in fantastic health and traveling the world with a backpack, who says that most calories should be in your breakfast. He says that if you load up on your fats and proteins first thing, your body will be like "Okay, I'm all fueled up and ready to burn!" Versus "I'm not fueled up enough and am going to hold on to all my fat for dear life." This makes sense to me.