Triceps are driving me nuts :/

Options
hey guys! so I've been losing weight slowly (very) for about 8 months and i see a difference in all other parts of my body except the back of my arms, my triceps. they have not only NOT improved but i think they look worse? they dangle and flap, but its not loose skin because i haven't lost enough weight to have loose skin. i weight train 5 times a week with a professional trainer and do cardio 6x per week. my biceps look great and the rest of my body is getting there, so whats up with my triceps? any advice? Thank you all, have a lovely day:)
ps. i already do things like triceps extensions and pull-downs

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    But it IS loose skin, because there is less fat there than there used to be.

If you don't believe me, do a headstand and see how your biceps look flabby when they are on the bottom and your triceps are on the top.
  • zipa78
    zipa78 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    ^What she said. The fat cells are getting smaller and less "springy" so they become all flappy. That's just a sign that you are doing things right. Also, we all have our problem areas with stubborn fat. There's just not a lot that you can do about that, but as you keep working those arms and start to put on some muscle there as well your arms will look a lot firmer.

You just need to remember that things don't happen over night, but eventually you'll get there if you just keep doing the right things.
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    They are giving you good advice. Keep up the good work, and continue working overall. Do lot's of compound exercises that activate multiple muscle groups and you'll see the progress as you lose the extra BF. Keep up the good work!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Bulk the muscle underneath them and they will look a lot better. Use heavy weights with lifts that specifically target those muscles.
  • retnuh370
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone!