Dr. Oz's Rapid Weight-Loss Plan?

Options
Has anyone tried the Dr. Oz's Rapid Weight-Loss Plan? It's two weeks of restricted eating, designed to jump start weight loss. What kinds of recipes have you used that fit within this diet? How were your results?

If you're unfamiliar, you can get the run down here: http://www.doctoroz.com/article/dr-ozs-rapid-weight-loss-plan-one-sheet

Replies

• MaxPower0102
    MaxPower0102 Posts: 2,654 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is the biggest Tool I know. I have worked him, and he is the most arrogant, cocky, self-important jerk I have ever come across. Doesn't mean this won't work...... just sayin'.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is a quack.
  • xhecate
    Options
    haha.. k thanks guys.

Anyone else? :)
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Well, you do realize he had to testify in front of Congress about the misleading nature of his weight loss products (lets be honest, scams), right?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is not well-received around here; this is one of the numerous reasons why. You don't have to "jump start" anything as long as you're in a calorie deficit. And that is too restrictive for my tastes.

Bonus points for a detox bath, though!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    O.M.G.

"no additional exercise"..."detox broth"..."detox bath"...

Purge if you must, but this is not a diet, it is a "cleanse," which is code for "stay close to the bathroom."
  • qb63
    qb63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Getting my popcorn and pulling up a chair...
  • Silverdracos
    Silverdracos Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Took a look at the link :o Yeah, I don't think so. Gonna stick with what I'm doing.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I think this diet hit everything on the bingo card!
    -Eat however much you want of food from a very limited list? Check
    -Wheat, sugar, dairy are all apparently evil? Check
    -No exercise? Check
    -Detoxing (soup & bath!!!)? Check
    -Magic Smoothie? Check

OP, you don't need to do something so restrictive to lose weight. You can if you want, but its unnecessary.
  • FaridPERU
    FaridPERU Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i thing there nothing better like a better lifestyle :)
  • xhecate
    Options
    Guys, I was just asking for recipes. Jesus.
  • xhecate
    Options
    @SingRunTing, I don't think your assessment is fair.

-Eat all the veggies you want and 6oz of protein for 2 weeks. Seems legit to me.
    -Wheat, sugar, dairy are all apparently evil? No one said anything about "evil." Though, if YOU want to eat all the sugar you want, be my guest.
    -No exercise? It's not mandatory for this plan, nor is exercise mandatory for ANY diet if your intake is less than your expenditure, right? Right.
    -Detoxing (soup & bath!!!)? You don't like soup? What's wrong with soup now?
    -Magic Smoothie? Fruit is rather magical, isn't it? I guess that's why it's good for us.

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    xhecate wrote: »

-Eat all the veggies you want and 6oz of protein for 2 weeks. Seems legit to me.
    -Wheat, sugar, dairy are all apparently evil? No one said anything about "evil." Though, if YOU want to eat all the sugar you want, be my guest.
    -No exercise? It's not mandatory for this plan, nor is exercise mandatory for ANY diet if your intake is less than your expenditure, right? Right.
    -Magic Smoothie? Fruit is rather magical, isn't it? I guess that's why it's good for us.

It's not that he says exercising isn't required. I completely agree that its not required. Its that he says that its expressly forbidden. It says that you CAN'T do extra exercise. I do have a problem with that.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    6 ounces of protein is going to provide you somewhere in the neighborhood of 35-40 grams of protein per day. This is well below the RDA for both men and women (and the RDA is well below commonly accepted minimums). Perhaps for 2 weeks that won't HARM you, but it's certainly not going to do you any good.
    Nothing wrong with any of those, even sugar, as long as you're within your appropriately set calorie and macro goals.
    Right. Except exercise is good for your HEALTH. It may not be REQUIRED for weight loss, but any plan that explicitly forbids exercise certainly isn't doing your health any good.
    Nothing is WRONG with soup. Or baths, for that matter. But, certainly neither are going to do anything special for your weight loss efforts.
    See above re: soups and baths.

Listen. We get that you were just looking for recipes. And, perhaps "we" could have been a little more gentle. But, plans like these aren't going to help you any more than a straight up calorie deficit will help you. And, sometimes, they might even harm you. People post about these "cleanses" and "jumpstarts" every single day, and more experienced MFP-ers are just trying to talk you out of something that, at best, makes you miserable for 2 weeks with no real benefit, and, at worst, actually makes you sick.

Good luck, though.
  • renahearn
    renahearn Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Well, proof is in the pudding! My sister has lost over 30lbs in the last couple months on it. She looks great and says she feels great! I am gonna try it!
  • kathryn776
    Options
    i ve lost ten lbs. only day 10 I cant complain
  • runlisaloo
    runlisaloo Posts: 35 Member
    Options

It's not that he says exercising isn't required. I completely agree that its not required. Its that he says that its expressly forbidden. It says that you CAN'T do extra exercise. I do have a problem with that.

I spent a lot of time looking at this website this morning. Dr. Oz and his program suggest at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. He says that for this two week plan you do not have to increase what you are already doing. Adding a significant amount of exercise to what you are already doing is not a component of the plan. They did say that everyone should already be exercising at least 30 minutes a day and that that is recommended. I don't understand why there's so much confusion. Haters gotta hate I guess.