Misfit Shine Feedback

Options
I almost have enough money to purchase a misfit shine but as I save up the last of the money I am still a bit leery. I need a fitness tracker/HRM that I can conceal during my MA training and I would like it to be waterproof for swimming. Currently I am not allowed to wear such things during my MA classes but the shine is small enough to conceal in an elbow pad or waist band and water proof. So with those constraints on me what do y'all think?

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Misfit Flash is on sale for $24.99, at Best Buy as well as their site.
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Have you tried it? Is it good?
  • jchadden42
    Options
    I just posted about this! How funny. I was asking the same questions. I bought the Flash because I couldn't see much difference between the two. I don't like that it is smart phone dependent. I'd rather use my pc if I can (that's not a huge deal). The one I bought on Sunday I wore swimming (laps in pool 1 hour each day) on Monday and Wednesday, and I put it in a small pocket when I went running. Wednesday afternoon, it no longer worked, and I noticed that it had water in the battery compartment. BB replaced it yesterday, and I've not yet worn it swimming again. I'm interested in what people have to say about it. I did have a fitbit, but I was excited that this one works for swimming as well.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I had (have?) the Shine. I really liked it as a basic tracker but don't use it anymore. I really liked all the different accessories that were available so that you could wear it in different ways, and it seemed fairly accurate compared to my other trackers.
  • jchadden42
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    I had (have?) the Shine. I really liked it as a basic tracker but don't use it anymore. I really liked all the different accessories that were available so that you could wear it in different ways, and it seemed fairly accurate compared to my other trackers.

Why don't you use it anymore?
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    jchadden42 wrote: »
    Raynne413 wrote: »

Why don't you use it anymore?

I just got the FItBit Charge HR. I have to admit I'm a data geek and a techy nerd, so I've been through almost every fitness tracker there is. LOL I wanted the heart rate option on the FitBit as I think it gives me a little more accuracy.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    JMPerlin wrote: »
    Have you tried it? Is it good?

I haven't tried it but I'm tempted to. I have Fitbits but I need to take breaks from them, and I'm on a break. I find tracking can be a double-edged sword sometimes. It can be really motivating or demotivating and annoying.
  • jchadden42
    Options
    I bought one on Sunday (12/7), and within 2 days, it completely stopped working. I exchanged it on Wednesday (12/10), and by Saturday (12/13) the clock feature stopped working. I think I may give up with Misfit.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I have a Shine with the magnetic clip that I don't use anymore. $20 shipped if anyone wants it :)
  • WhistlingGirl
    Options
    I just started a new group for Misfit Shine and Misfit Flash users who are looking for a place to talk about the trackers and maximize their use and integration with MFP. All are welcome!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/104155-misfit-wearables-user-group