protein bars recipes without peanut butter?

Options
ddrhellbunny
ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
like the title says, does anyone have any good (not like desserts) protein bar recipes without the nut butter? (no cheesecake, cookie dough, brownie flavored stuff)

I'd like to use dates and whatnot for the "glue" to hold it together.
also I have 2 whey protein powders I'd like to incorporate, gold standard chocolate and also vanilla sundae flavors.

My boyfriend asked if I could make him some bars so he can get a good amount of calories and protein so he can eat them for his job. He doesn't always have time to eat and I figured if I can make him some bars that will keep well on the plane he'd be good.

He doesn't like sweet things, so stuff that would taste like oatmeal with cranberries, walnuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds etc would be amazing! Dark chocolate is about as sweet as he likes it.

Thanks again in advance!

Replies

• Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Check in with "Chocolate Covered Katie" she has a blog that might work for you. You should be able to find something on there. Her recipes are delicious.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    These are yummy.. I've been making a batch each weekend and have a couple bars each day. I did change up the recipe a bit. I add 1 cup pumpkin, 1 tsp Apple pie spice, 1/4 tsp ginger, raisins and pecans to the original recipe and bake for 60 minutes.

earvmoxgh3a0.jpg
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    thank you! that recipe looks perfect :]
  • carriecarrio
    carriecarrio Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I use almond meal (or almond pulp leftover from making milk), dates, seeds (chia, hemp, flax), coconut flakes and/or flour, cashews, peanuts... you can just mix any ingredients that you'd like using the dates as the 'glue'. Also, you can add spices cinnamon, pumpkin spice, vanilla... Chocolate chips or cocoa powder.. anyways, just some ideas.
  • carriecarrio
    carriecarrio Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have been using dried figs instead of dates recently as well..they work just as fine.