Can't #2

Options

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    At the risk of being hit by the mad flagger, I'm going to recommend you take 2 stool softener pills. It will probably happen within 12 hours.
  • CharleneMarie723
    CharleneMarie723 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    All better, 24 grams of Fiber with my dinner last night and a 51oz bottle of water consumed yesterday. Feeling much better and happier now.
  • Polly1890
    Polly1890 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I take magnesium daily and use Smooth Move tea as needed.... it works wonders!!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Yep magnesium has been the only thing that works for me consistently
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Bit late to the party. Glad you got it sorted. Happy pooping. I back up around TOM too
  • G8rRay
    G8rRay Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Drinking enough water will probably do the trick.

I drink fruit flavored, kefir smoothies (Liteway) and two cups of water before my morning coffee and that seems to help move things along...usually within 30-45 minutes, especially if I eat breakfast (not usually hungry after drinking the smoothie [420 g], water, and coffee).
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Story of my life....

Also, sushi rice will back me up even worse than usual.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    All better, 24 grams of Fiber with my dinner last night and a 51oz bottle of water consumed yesterday. Feeling much better and happier now.

Yay for poop!
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I've had sushi two nights in a row, miso soup both times. It is possible the sodium is backing me up?

It's the sushi -
  • NotGnarly
    NotGnarly Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Drink a large glass of water first thing in the morning before you eat. I used to struggle with chronic constipation for YEARS. No amount of fiber would work and come to find out it was a lack of fluids. Drink about 15oz of water on an empty stomach and I bet you that you will go to the bathroom at least within 45 mins after drinking it. It works for me.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Magnesium supplements can make you poop. Many people are deficient in magnesium, but are reluctant to take it because of this side effect.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I find the magnesium supplement only help in the toilet department if I take them before bed on an empty stomach.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I'm usually an every other day person. One night I thought I was going to die from stomach bloating, but it was just gas. I travel a lot a usually blame the water changes, but I actually was off for a few days this week and drank my "normal water". I have taken ex-lax before, but it's so dang gross.

When I used to travel a ton for work I always seemed to be backed up. I blamed it on airplane food, lack of sleep and dehydration.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You need more fat in your diet to get things moving.
    Drink hot water every morning - Add more fat and fiber into your diet as well as drinking plenty of water all day long. This should do the trick!
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Does drinking warm water first thing in the morning really help? Can you add a bit of fresh lemon juice to the water? Or will that negate the benefits?
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    5tgjjbz7bkks.png

Now, are those the GERMAN or AMERICAN ? I only eat the GERMAN ones :3
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    5tgjjbz7bkks.png

They're the sugar free ones, and trust me, even if they are the German ones, you don't want them.

• uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »
    5tgjjbz7bkks.png

They're the sugar free ones, and trust me, even if they are the German ones, you don't want them.

They will solve the OP's problem very efficiently.
  • missbirrell
    Options
    I have IBS and suffer with constipation. Not everyone goes every day, it's not necessarily unhealthy to go 2-3 days without going. Having said that, there's no point increasing your fibre if you also increase your fluid intake. Fibre will act like concrete unless you flush it out with extra fluid. Everyone else is right - try a healthy remedy, a supplement (I use Movicol) and if not, use sweetners (I chew gum). If it's a regular occurrence, you really should see a doctor.