Who was here in January of 2014?

Options

Replies

• Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Jan 14 was the month I started. The original goal was to drop 35 pounds from 165 to 130. I didn't make my goal. Currently only 13 pounds down, but that's ok. I found lifting and realized the #'s on the scale don't mean a thing! Still attempting to lose some inches, but from this point its going to be slow progress. That's ok too. :)
  • bstoudt369
    bstoudt369 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I started losing weight in June 2013, joined MFP in November 2013 but didn't start logging consistently until Jan. 1, 2014 (245 day streak today). I've lost 70 lbs. total, 50 in 2014. I have about 15 more and then transition into maintenance in 2015.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the babies, the pounds lost, muscles gained and streaks logged!! Keep the stories coming.
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I joined mid-January 2014. No big goal for 2014, since I wanted to lose at least 125 lbs and knew it wouldn't happen in a year. I honestly was just hoping I'd stick with it. But I'm now down 94 lbs, looking forward to crossing that 100 lbs-lost line, and will just keep on going!
  • slomo22
    slomo22 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I joined in January 2014, then I didn't log in for 6 months. Now I'm about 15 pounds down, 5 more to go!
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I was here in Jan 2014 :) I had already started my journey. I did not reach my original goal. It was a hefty goal, but I also went through a 5 month plateau. However! I'm still here and still pushin'! I'm past the plateau, and have a new goal for the end of the year. =p
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Started logging in 2013. Been maintaining this year although I have been trying to lower BF% the last 6 months. A slow process without losing muscle.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Started June 2013, so yeah, I was here January 2014. I've just logged 550 days.
    The goals I wrote in my blog for Jan 2014 were:
    1) Move into the Overweight BMI (from Obese).
    and
    2) Reach 155 lbs. 155 lbs was my 'goal' to reach before trying for a 2nd child.

I accomplished both goals. I'm almost 35 weeks pregnant now and I'm currently working on maintaining a healthy pregnancy gain, which I've done a pretty good job of so far. As of today I've gained 18.2 lbs, with a goal of gaining 15-25 lbs.
  • Cindyloo01
    Cindyloo01 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have been here since before January but I have lost 32 pounds since then thanks to MFP and a challenge at work (which I am winning!) I have went from obese to just overweight!

I still have a ways to go but the progress and challenge is motivating.
    :D
  • jennygillott
    jennygillott Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I joined in January 2014. I didn't set any time-limited goals, and am currently down 7-8 kilos, which seems pathetic compared to most people here. But as someone else said, any progress is progress. I've stuck to logging. It took me 20 years to put the weight on, about a kilo a year, and I love my food and drink too much to cut back very drastically, so it's all good. As long as I'm not gaining.....
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    So great to hear so many people reaching their goal weight. Also, those who have stuck around and have learned better habits.

I've been here since May 2009. I lost 35 lbs. in about 9 months and maintained it for about 2 or 3 years. Fell in love and gained 25 lbs in 2 years and I've been trying to lose it since 2012... lol. I guess the good thing is, I've maintained my weight since I realized I gained 25 lbs. Btw, I've never left. Just love this place :D

Best of wishes to everyone!
  • zezelryck
    zezelryck Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I started using MFP in December 2013 weighing in at 224lb. My goal was to get to around 154lb for 2014. I'm now down to 147lb. 2015 goal is to maintain around 150lb :-)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    MissJay75 wrote: »
    The 2015 goal thread got me thinking, where will all these people be in another year, and how many of us will reach our goals.

So who was here last January, setting goals for 2014? What were they, and did you accomplish them?

My goal was to stay on the horse for a year and get down to 130 pounds. I have logged 322 consecutive days, and my weight hit 130 this month a little ahead of schedule.

I joined MFP in July 2012. I'd already lost a load of weight (from my pregnancy...baby born May 12 2011) and lost 66lbs in total.

However, Jan 2014 I was pregnant again lol. My goals were to keep as fit as possible and to eat healthily and to have a healthy baby. I did all that :) My little girl was born May 1st! I went to the gym until 38 weeks pregnant and I logged every day until I went about a week overdue and got fed up.

I did gain weight, but I knew I would as that's how my body deals with pregnancy (she's my third), but I had a healthy baby and was back at the gym when she was 6.5 weeks old and it didn't take me long to regain my fitness. I',pm hoping to be back in my pre-preg clothes by her first birthday.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I was here! Technically I first joined MFP in 2011 but then deleted my account in 2013, made this one at the end of 2013.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I've been here since 2010 maybe 2011 can't remember. I have logged for 1156 day's as of today.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I've been here since 2010 maybe 2011 can't remember. I have logged for 1156 day's as of today.

I've done about 890 days, and that was since July 2012, so you must've started logging since about Sept/Oct 2011?
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    September 22
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I didn't really manage to accomplish my last weight loss, but I maintained all year and I'm hoping 2015 will be a year of transformation
  • RoxiesDada
    RoxiesDada Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feb 6 2011 for me. 104-80kg.... that's 55lb down I think. I've been maintaining for about 18 months now.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Try January 2011. B)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!