Ground Chicken recipes?

Options
jenniator
jenniator Posts: 475 Member
Hey everyone :) I was wondering if you guys have any delicious recipe's with ground chicken.

Replies

• farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/124688826937005

hope this works...its in my recipe builder. I would like to know the same though, it's tough to find things to do with ground chicken
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Never tried ground chicken but I use ground turkey in all the recipes I used to use ground beef in. If it's strongly seasoned (chili, taco meat, spaghetti), I do everything like I normally would. If it's stand alone, like a chicken burger, I'd probably season differently, maybe lemon pepper or something I wouldn't normally do on beef. Tons of options! I need to try the ground chicken, too. The turkey is great, too!
  • LookingBusy
    LookingBusy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I typically use ground turkey but it could work with chicken too. Brown the meat with whatever seasoning you like, throw it in some Boston/butter lettuce (as a wrap) and add a spicy mayo. Maybe some tomatoes. Mmmm.
  • jenniator
    jenniator Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Thank u everyone :) It is a bit difficult finding recipes for ground chicken
  • Diet_Soda
    Diet_Soda Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Buffalo chicken! Brown the ground chicken, add buffalo sauce, done! I like to layer this in a pint jar with quinoa, carrots, celery, and chopped no sugar added sweet pickles. I eat it with a wedge of Laughing Cow blue cheese. It is a fabulous lunch. I fix a week's worth at once and then just have to grab the jar on my way out the door in the morning for that day's lunch.
  • wagglesworth
    wagglesworth Posts: 53 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    This is really good, give it a try. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/133873660660797
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    This is tasty, but the sodium count is...not good. But even so, I make it when I need a lot of food for lunches that fill me up. Brown one medium yellow onion and a few cloves of chopped garlic in olive oil. Remove from pan and brown the ground chicken. Then add the following: the cooked onion/garlic, one can of corn (or frozen corn), one can of rinsed pinto beans, and a jar of your favorite salsa. Simmer for about 20 minutes. You can eat over brown rice or another whole grain or just by itself.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I wonder how mixing ground chicken and turkey would be for meatballs...I made a really good recipe recently which involves ricotta + ground beef. I wonder how spinach, ricotta, and ground turkey/chicken would be in a meatball recipe!
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I use both ground chicken and turkey as a replacement for beef most of the time, and other than switching up herbs and spices sometimes I've found that it works in just about any recipe. From pasta to even meatloaf. Good luck!
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I've used ground chicken to make meatballs. Can be used with spaghetti, on subs or like swedish meatball dish.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I have used it for meatballs and burgers with different flairs, such as Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf Muffins, Asian Chicken Meatballs, Jalapeno Lime Chicken Burgers...really think of flavors you like with chicken and throw them in a meatball, meatloaf or burger.
  • rdroot
    rdroot Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You have to try this one!!!

http://www.skinnykitchen.com/recipes/guilt-free-chicken-nuggets-oh-yeah/

It's very healthy and total comfort food. Portions feel right which is a big plus for me.

Definitely cut the sodium from this recipe down to 1/4 tsp. If you don't have chili powder in your spice cabinet it's not a big deal. We don't add the reduced fat butter (what's that???) or Smart Balance Light.

If you don't have olive oil spray, use whatever is handy.... but not a butter spray.

My wife and I usually have this with some low fat/low sodium baked fries.

Keep in mind that your dipping sauce and ketchup (for the baked fries) is going to ramp up the carbs, sodium and calories. I'm not a big fan of dry meals so I usually lose that fitnnespal battle in the end. If you're a mustard fan definitely do a honey mustard dip.

Working on it too,

Bob