PCOS Girls!!

Options
Hey I just read the vent post about PCOS and I just had to share this. I also have PCOS :( I developed it after having my youngest child and O-M-G! We have been trying to conceive another child for a year and a half now with no success and I totally feel your pain about all of the other symptoms, it's a disaster.

Anyway, in my TTC'ing I have done a lot of research on PCOS and I am absolutely against getting medication for PCOS. I know they give the drug Metformin for it and it helps a lot of women, but I don't want to be on prescription drugs. So I did some research on natural remedies and came across a lot of information on the mineral Cromium Picolinate. You can buy it at any drug store. The effects of it are very similar to those of Metformin. So back in December I bought some and I have to say, it took a little while, but I have noticed a tremendous difference. My skin cleared up, my cycles became more regular, and it appears to be better balancing my hormones. It also helps to add a B-complex vitamin also. Hope this helps someone!

Replies

• ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thank you soooooooooooooooo much!!!!! i have been on metformin and im so tired of the doctor and the prescriptions!!!! i just want to lose the weight and get my period!!!!
  • kjsimps
    kjsimps Posts: 17
    Options
    I totally understand!! I did a TON of research on PCOS and this is the best thing that has worked for me. Good Luck and I'm glad this can help someone!
  • kjsimps
    kjsimps Posts: 17
    Options
    I totally understand!! I did a TON of research on PCOS and this is the best thing that has worked for me. Good Luck and I'm glad this can help someone!
  • AngiMoss
    AngiMoss Posts: 77
    Options
    THANK YOU! I am definitely going to give it a try. There are no side effects with it, so what could it hurt...?
  • Kmorrison9903
    Options
    Thank-you for the information! I was diagnosed with PCOS 6 years ago. At one point I was supposed to be taking 2,000 mg. of Metformin a day and while it seemed to help in some aspects, I absolutely hated taking that much especially when I was initally prescribed 500 mg/day.

I have done a lot of research and never come across the Cromium Picolinate, so must have been looking in the wrong places. Menstrual cycle regulation would be soo nice. The mp I had prior to the one I am on now (going on 19 days) was 34 days with a 10 day reprieve. Bleeding for almost 2 months straight has me drained, on top of exercising everyday.
  • pittielover23
    Options
    THANK YOU! I am definitely going to give it a try. There are no side effects with it, so what could it hurt...?
    This is what I am thinking! If it cannot hurt, then might as well give it a shot.

I feel your TTC pain too. We desperatly want a kiddo, and we have been trying for almost a year and a half.
  • lilsweetslol
    lilsweetslol Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I 've been diagnosed PCOS for almost a year now.. Trying to diet and exercise alone is extremely hard . I started hitting it really hard in the middle of Jan 2011 to now and i have only lost 13 pounds : (
    So my ob gyn prescribed the metformin starting 500 mg and adding each week. I have not taken the medicine yet and have been putting it off for weeks. I hadnt had AF since december 10. My husband is getting angry with me and cant understand why i just wont take the damn pills..
    i am just not that type that tolerates medicine well and I am so nervous about taking it. I was trying to research other options, cinnamon was one of them but i'm going to check on the other one mentioned above..
    wishing you all the best of luck with finding what works with living with PCOS.. anyone looking for support please add me!
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am hormone sensitive (havent been diagnosed with PCOS but it is in my family) I take VITEX and it helps regulate my cycles. I have been skipping my periods last 5 years then having a month or two month long cycles which causes me to become aniemic. On top of that when one of my hormones elevates I will tend to get ovarian cycst that tend to burst. Sorry about the TMI but Vitex has HELPED a lot.