Garcinia Cambogia

Options
Has anyone on here tried this upplement, and do they work? It seems to be everywhere these days but I'm a little skeptical...

Replies

• GoldenGate15
    Options
    Haha!!! Thanks, it sounded a little too good to be true :(
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You should be skeptical of magic pills - they only make your wallet lighter. Don't fall for the crap - eat right and move more.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    If you're considering something, see if Dr. Oz has endorsed it or mentioned it on his show.
    If he has, steer clear!
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Research indicates it might work on rats but there is nothing indicating that it works on humans. Stick to a healthy nutrition plan and exercise, no supplements required.
  • missiontofitness
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Double post. (Edit)
  • VitalStrong
    VitalStrong Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it. What is it supposed to do?
  • reginastiffler
    reginastiffler Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I started taking it because it is supposed to also boost serotonin levels. When I take it as intended, I do not see weight loss results (at all) and I've been sleeping better without it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Tried it, did nothing :'(
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Funny thing is, both me and my cousin are on it with different percentages of HCA. She's on 65%, I'm taking 80%. Over 7 months she's lost over 40 pounds and has gone down 4-5 pants sizes with no change to her diet (other than possibly eating less due to the suppressant). She also has problems with exercise since she has neuropathy and is on disability so she hasn't been doing anything other than moving around the house like she normally does. I just started taking it the day before Thanksgiving and already lost 4.2 pounds. I'm certainly not as hungry as I used to be so my mid-day and late-night snacking has stopped, and I'm only walking a little bit more than normal. I have found that I'm a bit more alert during the day and I've started sleeping straight through the night for the first time in months. I've taken a lot of other suppressants but nothing has ever done anything for me except this. I also find I'm craving drinks more often so it's probably helping me to flush out a lot of stuff. I'm going through at least a gallon of water every day just because I'd rather drink than eat. I guess everyone is different. Most people will write this off as garbage, and normally I would agree. However, this does actually seem to be doing me a lot of good, and since my cousin and I share family genes (and most of my family is overweight), if it worked for her, I might as well give it a shot. It's not like they're expensive, she gets hers for $10 at Walmart, I got a two month supply on Amazon for $15. Better than when I would buy $60 month-supply bottles from pill distributors, and it lasts a lot longer. So really, don't knock it until you've tried it. If it doesn't work for you, no biggie. If it does, keep with it. I feel better than I have in a long while.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Several years ago, I suddenly developed the most painful, leaden heaviness in my legs. It got to the point where I could no longer exercise and just walking was excruciatingly uncomfortable. I was terrified I had MS! As I was finally about to face my fears and go to the doctor, I wondered if maybe the garcinia cambogia supplements I'd been taking might have a connection. I stopped taking them, and within two weeks, I was completely back to normal and running every day!
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Ate a whole bottle. Nothing. Save your money.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    Why was this thread risen from the dead?
  • lilmiss_sunshine29
    lilmiss_sunshine29 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If you're considering something, see if Dr. Oz has endorsed it or mentioned it on his show.
    If he has, steer clear!
    funny