Hello and introduction

Options
Hello to all,
I am 29 year old single mum to 2 beautiful kids, due to my eldest daughters health needs I never lost the weight or stomach from both pregnancies.
I have been suffering with chronic insomnia since 13, spells of depression and anxiety since 16/17
last year at 28 years old my doctor tried treating me for Depression, anxiety, social anxiety and suicidal tendencies.
I was told I was not only eating unhealthy foods but also I cant lose weight till eat more calories at time I did food diary I was eating 900 or less a day and over 75% of the calories were from cups of tea or soda not food.

at my heaviest I was 89.4 kg or 14st1lb I am currently at 84kg which is around 13st3lb am only small in height 5ft3 or 163cm and would like to get to healthy weight not only for my own health and for my kids but so I can hopefully have more confidence in myself and get a hold of my mental state

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You can do this. Eating the right amount of calories to lose is all you need. Don't be too aggressive in calorie deficit. 900 calories gives you no nutrition and will set you up for failure. Walking is great mood enhancer, too!!
  • lucyandg
    lucyandg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!! Time to do this. Get fit & eat healthy… who is with me?? ;-)
  • Zelomatoki
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Welcome!! You can do this. Eating the right amount of calories to lose is all you need. Don't be too aggressive in calorie deficit. 900 calories gives you no nutrition and will set you up for failure. Walking is great mood enhancer, too!!

Its not that I wanted to eat only 900 its that i have no appetite for food, whether its down to no energy from limited sleep or when I get stressed I dislike idea of eating.
    But thank you I hope I can, Have taken up walking more often for pleasure rather then for needs (shops, bank then back home)

• Notreadytoquit
    Notreadytoquit Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Depression will really mess up your ability to motivate in regard to food. Shopping, cooking ... just very hard. It's helpful if there is someone "to feed you" when most affected. So many unknown causes.

Focus on yourself & girls well being & be kind ..kind ... kind to yourself. Many people treat these conditions with movement & exercise. The girls would probably like that.

Food as medicine is critical for good brain function. Learning about nutrition is a life long journey. Your girls will thank you (someday) if you raise them to appreciate good food.

Add me as a friend if you'd like. Best wishes & welcome.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Then you are on the right road. Every little bit helps. Try protein drinks, they may help with nutrition needs.
  • Zelomatoki
    Options
    Thank you @notreadytoquit... They eat a lot better then me and a lot healthier also but I think getting out more will benefit them as well as my self.

I have never actually tried protein drinks I supplement some vitamin via tablets but will try drinks also thank you Queenliz99
  • neilstone64
    Options
    Stick with the walking, it may sound simple but it really does help mind and body.