Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Half-way there

mymodernbabylon
mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
edited December 2014 in Success Stories
I've been selected to be a success story in the blogs at Eat More 2 Weigh Less site and thought I'd post it here too (that has more pics and a bit more of my story).

I joined MFP a few years ago and did a very aggressive deficit and lost about 20 lbs. Unfortunately, I didn't learn how to eat the right way due to this and didn't continue to use MFP for my maintenance...and I gained almost all the weight back.

Joined again last November. This time I didn't go quite so aggressively and I began to read the forums. Learned about TDEE and the EM2WL group. I lost another 20 lbs which brought me to the lowest weight I've been in 10 years (since meeting my husband). I've maintained this for several months (yay for eating more food - 2300 calories baby) and I plan on doing another cut (TDEE-10%, so still a lot more food than I used to eat when 'dieting').

I've gone from here:
xfzs0q953o7k.jpg

to here (taken in July):
5iwxazqu9g9m.jpg

I feel fabulous and am starting year two which includes continuing to weight lift heavy weights, doing cardio to keep playing my sport (field hockey) and eating the food I love but using MFP to keep my at the right amounts. I will most likely do a cut, then a bulk and then another cut.

Finally, I went and had pics taken by a professional as I thought it'd be a great present to myself (taken 1 month or so ago so updated body). And here's one of my favourites:

49oavn10m9gu.jpg

Not bad for an almost 46 year old (Dec 26th)! And soon to be even better.

Replies

• berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    you look great congratulations~~~~~
  • blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Looking good. Congrats on getting your story published.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Good work, don't you just love it when you can put something sexy on and really be it.

Cheers, h.
    (some may think that shallow of me, but I loved being able to look sexy in the evening and rappel or go horse trekking in the day).
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Wow - you look great. I love to see what heavy lifting does for a women over 45. I feel that it is the best anti-ager out there.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    You look amazing! What a great idea to have professional pictures taken.
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Amazing success, thanks for sharing. You look fabulous. :)
  • mandy462
    mandy462 Posts: 17 Member
    you're an inspiration ..... kudos!
  • Angurla
    Angurla Posts: 159 Member
    Amazing
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    I can see why you were selected because you are a good example of how to do it right. Eat More 2 Gain Less sounds like the name of a book I read by Jonathan Bailor. That was an awesome book with a lot of science behind the concept.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!