Almost a YEAR on MFP, 40lbs lost! My Story, (Loads Of Pics!) :D xxx

Options
LittleMissYoYo
LittleMissYoYo Posts: 88 Member
edited December 2014 in Success Stories
Hey guys! It was January 2014 when I decided enough was enough! Being just 5'0 and 219lbs you can guess the weigh was taking it's tole on my body! It was affecting my knees, back and even breathing, I couldn't even get up 14 steps without gasping for air, The reason why I got this big was comfort eating, and LOADS of it! I suffered three miscarriages in two years and all that could make me feel better was to eat and eat and eat, I couldn't see any change in me but I could feel it, I was in denial. Luckily my partner of 6 years has been very supportive, the Dr's warned me that if I didn't lose weight then I would never be able to have children, and THAT'S one thing I've always wanted. I have a blood clotting disorder which causes me to lose pregnancies and the fact that I was sat at my PC desk for up to 9 hours a day or MORE! YES you read that right, UP TO 9 HOURS A DAY!! I don't know what happened.. something just clicked in my head and I said "Yeah, I really have to do something now." And here's my almost success story, I have another 20+ to lose! YOU can do it guys!

This picture is a before and after of my favourite leather jacket, a UK size 22, it's now too big for me!

xehi7o.jpg

I must have been around 219lbs+ in the before pictures and I tried to re-create the poses in the same outfit back in November at 188lbs

dcbimo.jpg

2hibl28.jpg

Left; August 2014 and Right October 2014

124eaep.jpg

My overall progress so far :D xx

n15wcx.jpg

10opm3m.jpg

2wcqvzk.jpg

4jumpl.jpg

Below is a wedding picture taken in December 2013 VS November 2014, same dress, 30lbs down!

1e9e90.jpg

To lost this weight I simply switched to low fat/ low calorie ready meals, I eat around 1400 calories a day and walk my dog for up to 45-60 minutes 4-5 times a week, NO gym needed here! I still have a long way to go but I am pleased with the progress so far x

P.S If you're wondering what the kelly_getsfit1 it's my instagram account where I document my daily activity and weight loss.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You look great!! keep it up :)
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Great progress - you look great. I love that you wore the same clothes and posed the same for your before/afters.
  • LittleMissYoYo
    Options
    NextPage wrote: »
    Great progress - you look great. I love that you wore the same clothes and posed the same for your before/afters.

Thanks! It's just a shame I didn't have more before pictures to show, I'm still digging them out and if I find any good ones I'll be sure to post them! xxx
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    congratulations ! - you look great (and really happy)
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic.. great job!! :)
  • k8dagr8
    k8dagr8 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    great work! congrats! you are right. we try and try and then one day it will just click....and hopefully not before its too late. my comp won't load your pics but I see your profile pic! keep up the good work.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats!
  • jcmeast0305
    jcmeast0305 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job! You should be very proud of yourself!
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! You are cute as a button and I love the progression pics in the same outfits. Well done!
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • LittleMissYoYo
    Options
    Thanks all! Means a lot to me!
  • AlaskanFitnessGal
    Options
    Wow, big difference. Awesome job!
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look amazing. I'm well .. speechless. Fantastic job and I am confident that you will get there.
  • liberiangirl843
    liberiangirl843 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow you're doing great! :)
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    You look so much younger and healthier, absolutely Fabulous! Congratulations on a job well done! I'm sure you'll get wherever you want to.
  • LittleMissYoYo
    Options
    Thanks all! Christmas is coming and this is going to be one tough cookie to eat! January 22nd is my official year of my weigh loss journey and I can't wait to complete it by the end of next year! X
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    Very awesome! You can do it!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I always notice how the eyes now dominate the face. Lovely!
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job. Take pride in your accomplishments. You deserve it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!