Starbucks Cream!

jessie580
jessie580 Posts: 87
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
I am having a very hard time figuring out calories on an iced coffee drink.

Venti Iced Coffee with Cream!

It's not in their nutritional pamphlet or their website and I tried to google it. The most I find is a barista who said they put about "half an inch" of cream when someone asked for cream in their iced coffee.

Can anyone help with this? I found medium iced coffee with cream and it says 80 calories on MFP, but I don't know if this is right and it's soooo frustrating...I asked the Barista at starbucks and she just handed me the pamphlet. not helping :\

Replies

• thord
    thord Posts: 3
    Cream would be either nonfat, 2%, whole milk, half & half or whipping cream. More than likely they gave you half & half and if it is about a half of inch you probably should count about a 1/8c of it.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    I know this won't be much help for your current situation but for the future, I would order it without any added cream and then you can add it yourself at the condiment bar. This way you control exactly how much is going in your drink and if you're ambitious enough, bring a measuring spoon with you and you can figure it out that way.

If I were the barista working at the time I would have figured it out for you and had I been unable to sort it out for you, I would have offered to remake your drink and measure the cream as desired.
  • spatticus
    spatticus Posts: 230 Member
    Well the iced coffee is 0 cals, next time ask for skim milk and just assume 1\8 a cup like pp said
  • meggiemaye
    meggiemaye Posts: 117
    I make Starbucks drinks at home in my Tassimo, and an espresso with a Starbucks cream shot is 85 calories! :)

It breaks down to 80 calories for the cream and 5 for the espresso. The cream comes packaged directly from Starbucks, so I assume it's the correct information.

Good luck!
  • jessie580
    jessie580 Posts: 87
    THANKS everyone!!

I have a tassimo at home lol could of made my own! I was out and about, went in the drive thru :(

next time I will just wait until I get home and make my own 20 calorie iced coffee!!
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    You could save the cup after you're done then add half an inch on water and pour it into a measuring cup to figure out how much "half an inch" in that cup would be. Of course you'd need to know whether they added the cream before the coffee or after because most cups get wider as they get taller so half in inch at the top of the cup is more than half an inch at the bottom. If they add it after the coffee you could fill the cup all the way then pour out half an inch into a measuring cup.

umm. . . I sound crazy don't I?
  • Inkchick
    Inkchick Posts: 31
    I have a Venti Americano iced (25 calories) or hot (20 calories) and put in my own half and half (39 calories per ounce) Of course I can't do that if I drive thru, so I avoid the drive thru, but if you can't then I would err on the high side and assume they are putting in at least 2 ounces.
This discussion has been closed.