KettleBell DVD's and what weight?

Options
Hi
Can anyone recommend a good kettlebell DVD? Also, what weight should I be getting?

Thanks

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    They are EXPENSIVE but I would suggest Target. Get a few weights to go with the DVD. I use the 10 lb and 5 lb.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Not familiar with those DVDs, but my favorite strategy is to go to the library. They're free, I get them for a week, and then I can change things up without extra cost. If you're on Netflix, you can check there too (they even have some on instant play)
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Not familiar with those DVDs, but my favorite strategy is to go to the library. They're free, I get them for a week, and then I can change things up without extra cost. If you're on Netflix, you can check there too (they even have some on instant play)
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I really enjoy "Kettlenetics with Michelle Khai" it includes 4 workouts and comes with a 4lb K bell. I bought this set from QVC but I have seen a similar set at Target for around $20. It gets your heart beat up quickly and she is a very good instructor with the K Bell to prevent injury :happy:
  • reallivefitness
    Options
    I have 10 and 15 lb bells right now, and I use a book called "Body Sculpting with Kettlebells for Women" or something like that by Lorna Kleidman. I cannot recommend it enough - it shows how to do each different move, and then has three 6-week plans, with four workouts a week laid out for you. I like it so much better than a dvd because it's a different workout everyday, I can play my own music, and once I got used to using a book I found that it's much better than trying to follow it on the tv. All total, the set I have cost me about $60 if you get it all on Amazon (I use Cap kettlebells).
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I just ordered Kettlebell Bombshell, Lauren Brooks Body Sculpt And Conditioning With Kettlebells (costs more but check her videos on youtube- I got this to teach me proper form). I also ordered Kettlenetics for a light kbell workout (4lb-er)

I started kbells with a 10lb and it was plenty! I would stay away from Jillian micheals shred-it. I started with that one and hurt myself with bad form. I love Jillian, but her kbell one wasn't great.
  • rmcheathbabe
    Options
    Kettleworx is by far the best set of DVDs. The moves are simple enough for beginners, but it kicks your butt and burns tons of calories. When you feel comfortable, you can do the DVDs all over again with a higher weight. You do 3 DVDs each week--cardio, resistance, and core. I would start with a 5lb weight to start, then move up to a 10lb weight the second time through. That's what I did anyway. Best of luck!
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I bought Lorna Kleidman's book recently and after reading it through I'm going to give the workouts a go. 5lb is way to light for a starting kettlebell. I'm starting with 8kg (~15lb) and I ain't strong!
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I just ordered Kettlebell Bombshell, Lauren Brooks Body Sculpt And Conditioning With Kettlebells (costs more but check her videos on youtube- I got this to teach me proper form). I also ordered Kettlenetics for a light kbell workout (4lb-er)

I started kbells with a 10lb and it was plenty! I would stay away from Jillian micheals shred-it. I started with that one and hurt myself with bad form. I love Jillian, but her kbell one wasn't great.

I agree. I tried the Jillian Michaels Shred It and I was shocked at the lack of instruction:mad: . It was a dissapoint. I love her other workouts though:bigsmile:
  • sara128
    sara128 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I really enjoy "Kettlenetics with Michelle Khai" it includes 4 workouts and comes with a 4lb K bell. I bought this set from QVC but I have seen a similar set at Target for around $20. It gets your heart beat up quickly and she is a very good instructor with the K Bell to prevent injury :happy:

I agree this DVD is really good! Not sure how to log the exercise on MFP, have been using aerobics so far but any other suggestions welcome?