47 pounds down [pics] (bipolar disorder)

Options
abble_pie
abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
edited December 2014 in Success Stories
I started this journey in July of 2013. I weighed 194 pounds. I had gained a bunch of weight from medication.

I started out calorie counting, and going for a walk/jog a few times a week. The weight came off slowly, and eventually I signed up for a gym membership and started going to a boxing circuit class regularly. I found it was motivating to work out with other people. During this process, I wound up with an unrelated back injury, so I was forced to sit out working out for a while. I kept up with the healthy eating. For part of the time, I was a vegetarian, but now I eat a little meat now and again.

I now weight 147. Did I eat healthy 100% of the time? No. I lost the weight slowly, but I've kept it off. I am now normal BMI.

Feel free to add me as a friend or ask any questions. Thanks!

Before
unnamed_zps8d047895.png

After
2unnamed_zpse11e3611.jpg[/img]

1unnamed_zps5a9b85b5.jpg

Replies

• Rhumax67
    Rhumax67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wow!! you look wonderful!!!!
  • abble_pie
    Options
    thank you!
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    looking great! well done!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    You were lovely in the first photo - you look a lot happier now though. Congratulations, well done!
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    BeckyNaturoMommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I just added you. :)
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :)
  • hufflepuffseeker
    Options
    Amazing job :D
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Well done honey! I think you've given yourself the best Christmas present EVER this year! :smiley: xx
  • saminabilal
    saminabilal Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You look awesome
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the pictures. You look amazing. :mrgreen:
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • abble_pie
    Options
    thank you, everyone!
  • bootcamp85
    bootcamp85 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    you go gurl.....I initially hit 194 pounds before I felt it was time to do something different, because I wasnt going to let myself hit 200.....
    I am currently 174......but I cant wait to be in the 140's like yourself.....how long did it take you.......ADD ME!!!!!!!
  • TropicalParaMonster
    Options
    Amazing! My goal is similar, you're very inspirational!
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    body looks fantastic! hard to see the difference in your face as the two poses are so strikingly different.
  • sgrabowicz91
    sgrabowicz91 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I feel the pain. Also bipolar here and panic disorder. After years of gaining from meds then going off of them and soothing issues over with food I blew up to 265 I'm now down to 192 and back on medication and the fear of the weight gain is definitely there. But you prove that the medication is not more powerful than determination. Thanks for sharing you look awesome and sent you a request!
  • abble_pie
    Options
    Thank you! I gained weight on meds for sure, and weight loss on them is slow--but it's definitely possible! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!