cant lose my belly HELP!!!

Options
I have been working out like crazy after my achelles tendon rupture which left me badly outta shape. I have lost 5 lbs and 2 inches, but my belly is just hanging around. somebody please help

Replies

• dfunk06
    dfunk06 Posts: 56
    Options
    Try bicycle sit ups. They are supposed to be really effective for the belly bulge :)
  • annadilynn
    annadilynn Posts: 84
    Options
    cut some fat from your diet...and remember that unused carbs and un-needed protien will store in your body as fat...so unless you are a superhero and going to use carbs and protein, keep the numbers realistic...lots of water and lots of crunches....there is no easy way...i am trying to lose my stomach too....slowly but surely it will change...be patient but vigel!...
  • nickicaylor
    nickicaylor Posts: 27
    Options
    eat more protein and less carbs to get rid of belly fat. To tweek fitness pal to match go to goals, change goals, and increase your protein to at least 40%.
    Almonds, avacados, natural peanut butter, egg whites are all good belly fat busters. Make sure you get at least one serving of one of these a day. don't try to do all of them in one day as you will end up over your calories and fat for the day.
  • teacher4380
    teacher4380 Posts: 25
    Options
    Planks are amazing....do a few per day to get started and work on your "time"!!! Good luck!!! My trainer (and many magazines) say that planks make all of the tummy muscles engaged!!! Have fun and good luck!!!
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    No such thing as localized fat loss.

Just keep up the cardio, it will go away eventually. Belly fat is usually one of the last to go.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    You can tone the muscles there, but not target 'fat' loss in any one area.

But you can target an area with exercise which will help tone the muscles and change the 'shape' of things.
  • jacksoto
    jacksoto Posts: 3
    Options
    is thata right? I will add those to my program. I hear a lot of people say to up my time during cardio. from what I gather the body starts to burn fat after 30 minuted of continous cardio.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you really can't spot reduce. If you decrease your caloric intake (relative to your burn), you will lose fat overall. If you exercise, you will gain muscle tone. EVERYONE has a six pack. It's just hidden. You may have heard, "Abs are created in the kitchen." and it's true. A clean diet will help get rid of body fat, and help reveal those abs.

That said, if your problem is really excess skin (like if you lost tons of weight, or had your belly skin stretched from childbirth), there isn't much you can do for that (short of surgery). I've heard that you should give it 2 yrs of diet and exercise, to see if the skin snaps back. If it hasn't in that amt. of time, your only option to get rid of loose, hanging skin, is a tummy tuck.
  • thor9424
    thor9424 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Get the Jillian Michaels 6 weeks to 6 pack video. It is 9.99 and it targets your abs without doing crunches. You do mainly weighted exercises that target belly loss with cardio. There is very little ankle movement, so you should be fine while recouperating.
  • fasttrack27
    fasttrack27 Posts: 324
    Options
    Others have mentioned to limit carbs, but the other culprit is sugar - gotta cut sugar which stores in the belly area. 'Abs are made in the kitchen', or so they say. Also, increasing lean muscle will boost your metabolism so find a balance of the cardio and strength training.