Wii Sports Calories Burned

Options
I just got a Wii for my Xmas gift from my hubby... let me tell you... that is a pretty awesome thing! I don't have wii fit yet because everyone is out of it in the stores... but just playing wii sports for 30 min... I am sore today! But how can we use this for exercise on MFP? I found an article that outlined how many calories you burn using the wii versus the real thing. I took all the counts and averaged the number... entered it into MFP... and the consensus is this: you burn about 135cals for 30min of general wii sports playing. Not great, i'll grant you... but if you're going to play a video game... may as well burn cals while you're at it right?

Replies

• sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I just got a Wii for my Xmas gift from my hubby... let me tell you... that is a pretty awesome thing! I don't have wii fit yet because everyone is out of it in the stores... but just playing wii sports for 30 min... I am sore today! But how can we use this for exercise on MFP? I found an article that outlined how many calories you burn using the wii versus the real thing. I took all the counts and averaged the number... entered it into MFP... and the consensus is this: you burn about 135cals for 30min of general wii sports playing. Not great, i'll grant you... but if you're going to play a video game... may as well burn cals while you're at it right?
  • bonski
    bonski Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    We are thinking of getting a Wii, so I am interested in the answer and how other Wii users figure out calorie burn on the Wii.

I am glad you are liking the Wii. I think we will end up getting one.

Bonnie
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    I would get a good HRM, it should give you accurate readings on how many calories you are burning