My First day!!!

Options
Hi there,

I'm so excited to join myfitness pal. I'm 5 feet 9.5 inches and my goal is to loose 20 pounds.
Would love to be able to fit into all my clothes again :) not to mention being comfortable getting into that bathing suit!
Any suggestions to have a jump start on the first week?

Thanks!

Replies

• britelitesbigkidder
    Options
    Hey there! I just joined about half an hour ago myself -- at the recommendation of a few girlfriends who really like this system! I typically follow the Weight Watchers guidelines but am looking for a new format for accountability, and I think this will be helpful.

Congrats on getting started! I'm 5'7" and my big-picture goal is to lose 40 pounds... this week, I'm shooting for ONE! Good luck to us both!
  • mdrews525
    mdrews525 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks britelites.....

Good luck to you as well and i'm sure we can do it!!!
  • princessjaffacakes
    Options
    Hello there - welcome!

I joined yesterday on my iPhone but just started using the forum today. I also used WW in the past, but found I got a bit obsessed with 'points'. I'm hoping this way will be more accountable and more transparent for me... as well as making it easier to understand the nutritional benefit of what I'm eating (aka not using all my points on chocolate, then surviving on free soup for the rest of the week ;) )

Good luck!
  • Sc4ever
    Sc4ever Posts: 33
    Options
    Hey started today myself! Nervous but hopeful Ive planned most of my meals today just need to find time to exercise with 3 kids.
    Good luck
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    Hello there,

I just joined a few minutes ago after learning about this from a co-worker. I'm currently on weight watchers online; which I've lost 15 lbs on but I want to try something different and FREE since these days we need to watch every penny due to extra expenses such as gas prices. I pray this works and I like it. Anyone have any advice for first-timers to this program? How long has this program been in place? I'm hoping to lose an additional 10-15lbs.
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Been here since April! Good luck! Have seen great results with MFP!

:drinker:
  • mnfrank11
    mnfrank11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just began my journey today! After losing 30lbs already, my goal is to lose the last 20 by the end of the year. Good luck to you all and I know we can all do this!
  • dfunk06
    dfunk06 Posts: 56
    Options
    Hey! I am soooo excited to be starting for real today too. We can do this. I am 5"8" and looking to lose 9lbs in 6 weeks (my bday). Long term goal is about 15 lbs. We have to commit, We can do this!
  • mdrews525
    mdrews525 Posts: 4
    Options
    So nice to hear all your stories! I feel I have been complaining about the extra 20 pounds I slowly gained in the last couple of years and glad I'm finally doing something about it! Time to "just do it". What is your calorie goal/day? I think I will try to stick to 1200.
  • mnfrank11
    mnfrank11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have set mine to 1350, because I tried 1200 and I was starving myself. If you are working out, you need to eat so just find out what works for you. I jog on the treadmill for 30 minutes a day and just started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD. I will let you know how it goes. So far on day 3 my hamstrings are burning.