Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowl

Options
JessesGirl05
JessesGirl05 Posts: 253
I LOVE these SOOOO much! But they are SO bad calorie and sodium wise! I wonder if I could make it any healthier but preparing my own to put in serving size bowl and freezing...

Replies

• JessesGirl05
    JessesGirl05 Posts: 253
    Options
    Oh and yes it would be simple. my thing was that i was wondering if i could get it to taste anywhere near as good as the jimmy dean.
  • adobmeier
    adobmeier Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how eggs will freeze (with out preservatives) but maybe make one with turkey bacon(would have to be precooked), egg whites have it all ready and throw it in microwave from fridge...
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean makes these sausage crumbles (and they come in turkey) that are great cooked with eggs or eggbeaters. The turkey crumbles have only 80 calories for 2/3 cup which is pretty impressive. Mix them up with your choice of eggs and veggies, maybe even throw in some low-fat or fat free shredded cheese or even a laughing cow cheese wedge would be good, too. Have fun!!
  • TheNewStacie
    TheNewStacie Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My husband loves those as well, and I told him the other day to find an alternative. Health wise they are definitely bad, and I thought the same thing, if I could make it healthier for him without waking up @ 4 to cook it for him. Let me know if you experiment
  • rkitchen74
    rkitchen74 Posts: 1
    Options
    Have you looked at the Jimmy Dean D-Lights Turkey Sausage Bowl?
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My husband's grand-pap made these bowls before jimmy dean- we comment all the time how pap missed out on a fortune. But, sorry to say, even at home they are high in at least sodium b/c one of the things that make them so good is salt.
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I don't make individual serving sizes but I often make a breakfast quiche or something similar to the JD Breakfast Bowls in a casserole dish. One dish will usually last 4 or 5 days so my husband basically has breakfast all week. It keeps very well in the fridge and I just heat up a serving each morning.
  • AdGalicia
    AdGalicia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean makes D-Lites breakfast bowls with turkey sausage and egg whites...plus its really tasty!! They also have jimmy dean d-lites breakfast biscuits.
  • GingerDarlene
    GingerDarlene Posts: 164
    Options
    I need to check out those breakfast crumbles sounds yummo!! I have to be careful though; that turkey sausage blows my face out!!!!
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You should check out the Hungry Girl Egg Mug recipes on her website. I make these quite often. I like to use ham & mushrooms & diced tomatos & laughing cow. It is a hearty breakfast.