Calories Burned for the Week not accurate?

Options
Hello-

For some reason, my weekly burned calories total isn't accurate. I list that I will be burning 250 calories, 7 days a week, or 1750 calories. The screen shows 670 calories per week.

Any idea how to fix? Thanks....

4rkiuui9jkce.jpg

Replies

• hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    As far as I can tell, you manually enter that total. It says whatever you put in for it to say. Honestly, it doesn't matter what it says though because it doesn't change the daily calorie deficit for whatever reason. That goes off of your activity level that you put in your diet/fitness profile, I think.
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Thinking about it, it may automatically lower itself based off of what you input for exercise. I don't log my exercise in MFP so the number creeps lower and lower. It doesn't affect anything though.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Is is because you have it set for 20 minutes a day?
  • CrabbyGuy666
    CrabbyGuy666 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hazleyes81 wrote: »
    As far as I can tell, you manually enter that total. It says whatever you put in for it to say. Honestly, it doesn't matter what it says though because it doesn't change the daily calorie deficit for whatever reason. That goes off of your activity level that you put in your diet/fitness profile, I think.

Thanks for the response. I initially used the 'automatic' goal function, but went to manual and entered the correct total activity calories for the week. That fixed the number anyway.

Further reading, and I see that MFP adds activity calories back into avail cals for the day. There should be an option at setup if a person would prefer this or not. So; I think I will also stop logging those cals. I desire faster results as opposed to more food.

When I shop for some alcohol calories; I dont want to use my exercise calories.

• CrabbyGuy666
    CrabbyGuy666 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Is is because you have it set for 20 minutes a day?

Thanks. I havent totally figured out how the values all work together. I spent a few minutes trying to 'jack' the goals so that I could achieve a 2# a week weight loss; but never got there.

I know my 20 minute Weenie workout isn't going to make much of an impact yet. I would like to see a higher calorie output; but want to (for once) be sensible about forging ahead. I'm only adding 10 cals a day higher calorie goal to each daily work out.

As soon as my cardiovascular system settles better into the exercise routine where I'm not convinced I'm going to die shortly thereafter; I will start shopping for a heart rate monitor. I would like to maximize the 20 minute time committment.