In the UK and looking for fitness pals.

Options
CasIsAHorse
CasIsAHorse Posts: 9 Member
edited December 2014 in Introduce Yourself
Gosh, that was a lame title wasn't it!

I'm Cassie, I'm 22 and I'm ready to not be so fat and unhappy basically. Been at this two months, going strong and almost dropped a stone! I can now run for 30 minutes after couch to 5K, still working on the distance. I run slow!

I've taken up running, walking my grandmas dogs (I live with her after graduating) and field hockey (MFP and Endomondo don't communicate and MFP likes to say it's ice hockey...). I'm a horsey girl at heart, but ride fairly infrequently these days, don't have a horse of my own anymore.

I'm looking for UK friends, or from further afield. I just want to make friends with likeminded people so that we can motivate each other or whatever else. I promise I'm not this lame in real life!
Anyone who also uses Endomondo get in touch, I need some buddies there too!

Replies

• CasIsAHorse
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Found the edit***
  • jchapple
    Options
    Hi, I need a fitness pal as well.
    I had a horse, but no more. She was beautiful and none could replace her. I tried again with a handsome bay cob, but my heart wasn't in it. Because I don't do the horse lifestyle any longer, I have gained weight and have become so unfit its not true! (I never realised what aids to health a wheelbarrow, a bale of shavings and a sloping yard was.....)
    I have made friends with an exercise bike. Sadly, I really am lame, and need to lose the weight to improve my knackered knee. :D
    I'm in West Yorkshire and its lovely to meet you.
  • CasIsAHorse
    Options
    That's really sad, I know what you mean. I stopped riding about 5 years ago now, I had a bad fall from my mare and thought 'enough is enough'. She was put to sleep two years ago, and my biggest regret in life is not taking her out for that one last hack years later. It's true about the wheelbarrow etc. I used to have a much better physique when I was mucking out 3 stables a day!
    It's lovely to meet you too, and nice to find a fellow horsey person out in the wide world!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    It wasnt lame at all, above average tbh. there are plenty of UK people here, which is not surprising since there are millions of users. Its handy though to know what brands or shops people are talking about.
  • Big_Steezy
    Big_Steezy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey Cassie, I'm from the uk too, sent you a friend request. It's always nice to see new uk users in here :-)
  • zipa78
    zipa78 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm doing C25K (about to finish week 6) and tracking it in Endomondo. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    hey cassie have added you am from West Berkshire I have 2 horses my elderly boy I have had 17 years had him as a 4 year old he is 21 now profile pic me and Sybil my sharp sensitive German warmblood ex dressage horse she is a 12 year old am currently hunt fittening going hunting on boxing day!! :D