Seeking friends to help me find balance

Options
Hi,

15 days in to my second attempt to lose weight...this time with much more balance. Have read some of the posts for newbs and much appreciated. Would love both old-timers and other newbs or come-back-kids to help me find ways to achieve a realistic balance, one that can last a life time.

I am educated, but I still have SO much to learn.

Very busy mama-of 2 young children and working full-time, but check in every day and an active commenter on others' posts.

looking for adds!
xoxo

Replies

• DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It's been a 10 year journey for me so far -- I lost 75 pounds, gained 40 pounds, lost 20 pounds. But with each loss and gain, I learned something valuable that stuck. The best thing I've learned so far is that lifetime weight loss is a long-term thing. I was so mad two weeks into it and I hadn't lost a pound. Then I dropped four pounds. Now I see the scale as a data point within a series of data points -- 164 yesterday, 162 today, 163 tomorrow -- the number jumps up and down daily but over weeks or months it has been going down down down.

The key for me is to eat as much food as possible within my calories and macros, and to plan for high calorie foods. In the last three days, one dinner was at the Olive Garden, another diner was 2 slices of pizza, and one breakfast was a muffin and latte. This morning, I'm down two pounds.

Best of luck to you and I hope you find the strategies that fit best into your busy schedule!
  • mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I log in everyday and try to journal everyday as well....I am actively posting on here all the time and I try to motivate and support my other MFP friends, so for ANYONE who is looking for more support-by all means-shoot me a friend request. We are all here for the same reasons right?