70 lbs to lose!

Options
:smile: Hi!

My name is Nicky. I'm 26 years old. Two years ago I weighed 70 lbs less.

I've been struggling awhile now to take the weight off and get the eating under control. Seems like I want to try new foods and constantly be eating! Ha-ha!

The other day I woke up with an epiphany... I don't JUST want to look good (my version of good :) ... I want to be healthy too. I've never been healthy in my life even if I was 'thin'.

I joined the gym this week, and have been watching what I eat far more closely then I used to.

I'm pretty excited and really hope my motivation doesn't go down.

It's really empowering to sit down and say; I can take control of my life. And I don't mean this in just areas of weight loss!!!

Anyway! I probably won't be posting too much, I work 9-9 Mon-Fri and usually don't want to be anywhere near a computer on my off time but I'm hoping this will be a good place to go when I need motivations, reminders, or just someone to chat with maybe? :)

Nice to meet you all!!!

Oh! And on an aside. My first day at the gym I got on the equipment and pumped my heart rate up to 155-165 for the 45 minute routine. Immediately after I was so tired I could barely function which I thought was a bit strange. Two days of this and I did some research and now I keep my heart rate at 133 and feel much better! In fact I feel really energized for longer during a very long shift! Only five days into working out and already people have noticed a serious change in my energy levels.

I have hypothyroidism so any extra energy is appreciated!!!

Anyway, my goal is to have my heart rate at 155 during workouts and NOT be completely tired out after. It's kind of neat to have more than one goal in my life. I'm a pretty goalless person! HAHA.

Right, so, that's me! :flowerforyou:
Let's get this party started!!!!

Replies

• nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi!

My name is Nicky. I'm 26 years old. Two years ago I weighed 70 lbs less.

I've been struggling awhile now to take the weight off and get the eating under control. Seems like I want to try new foods and constantly be eating! Ha-ha!

The other day I woke up with an epiphany... I don't JUST want to look good (my version of good :) ... I want to be healthy too. I've never been healthy in my life even if I was 'thin'.

I joined the gym this week, and have been watching what I eat far more closely then I used to.

I'm pretty excited and really hope my motivation doesn't go down.

It's really empowering to sit down and say; I can take control of my life. And I don't mean this in just areas of weight loss!!!

Anyway! I probably won't be posting too much, I work 9-9 Mon-Fri and usually don't want to be anywhere near a computer on my off time but I'm hoping this will be a good place to go when I need motivations, reminders, or just someone to chat with maybe? :)

Nice to meet you all!!!

Oh! And on an aside. My first day at the gym I got on the equipment and pumped my heart rate up to 155-165 for the 45 minute routine. Immediately after I was so tired I could barely function which I thought was a bit strange. Two days of this and I did some research and now I keep my heart rate at 133 and feel much better! In fact I feel really energized for longer during a very long shift! Only five days into working out and already people have noticed a serious change in my energy levels.

I have hypothyroidism so any extra energy is appreciated!!!

Anyway, my goal is to have my heart rate at 155 during workouts and NOT be completely tired out after. It's kind of neat to have more than one goal in my life. I'm a pretty goalless person! HAHA.

Right, so, that's me! :flowerforyou:
    Let's get this party started!!!!
  • blondie_girl14
    blondie_girl14 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hey Nicky, good luck in getting healthy.....it is hard work and its not easy..but it is possible. I have been struggling with weigh all my life and I am 30 years old. I have lost lots of weight already, but have been through a lot in my life, like cancer.
    But in high school I use to weigh like 280 now I weigh 220.
    This sit is awesome to track your calories, get support and motivation etc. and the ppl on it are awesome :flowerforyou:
    So Good Luck and use this site its cool.
    :happy:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    This site is fantastic & you sound incredibly motviated so I'm sure you'll do well! Use the tools & you'll be surprised with how well you stay on track! Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • ranaelynn
    ranaelynn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome welcome - your in the right place!
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and good luck. This is a great site. :happy:
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it! MFP is a great place to be for support and info. Glad you are here with us! :happy:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I appreciate the welcome and look forward to getting to know you all!!!