Brides on a Mission: Week 18

Options
Hello Brides!!!

For those who are new: I will post a new thread each Sunday. I have recently cut down the thread length due to my busy school schedule and not having as much time with graduation coming up.

I asked last week if anyone would like to take over this tread...I had no takers.:cry: I do not want to fully stop the tread, so in order for me to keep it going I need to cut it down a little. I hope everyone can understand. :tongue:

How to upload a photo: Go to www.photobucket.com, it’s a free service, and upload your photos. Copy and paste the IMG code (there is a list of codes, easy to find on the site) onto your message post. Change the capital IMG code at the beginning and end of the code to lower case img. Your photo will appear when you make the actual “post.” (I will post this each week.)

Challenges: I normally give a challenge each week (fitness, dieting, ect). I am going to be cutting this part out. Sorry!! It is just too much for me to handle right now with my busy schedule. Anyone can feel free to "challenge" other brides!

Getting to know each other (Please only fill this out if you are new to the group; copy and paste this section into your post. I will post this each week for new comers.)
1. Name:
2. Age:
3. City:
4. Occupation:
5. Wedding date:
6. Fiancés name:
7. How long you and your fiancé have been together:
8. Heaviest weight:
9. Goal weight and date:
10. Favorite type of exercise:
11. Favorite healthy food:

Brides on a Mission: week 18 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
1. Weight loss/inches lost this week:
2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened):
3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with):
4. Any wedding news updates:
5. Weekly wrap up:

Replies

• Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: weighing in sometime fairly soon (i don't weigh in weekly)

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Got to see both my grandparents this weekend. My grandma came to town Friday, and Saturday I went out to visit my grandfather. And my grandfather lives in the dame town as my bestfriend from college, so I got to visit him and his wife. They are having a baby this summer, and they had me do a mural on the nursery wall :)

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): School is stressing me big time, and I just had someother weirdness come out of nowhere and stress me out... so yeah, I'm really stressed all over the place right now...

4. Any wedding news updates: Nope

5. Weekly wrap up: I'm FFREAKING OUT... deep calming breaths... deep calming breaths...
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 18
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: +0.8lbs :( I've got a sinus infection and the antibiotics really suck for water retention

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Went out to dinner with the fiance and family and totally rocked it with a new pair of fierce heels

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Sinus infection! It knocked me on my butt and meant I had to skip out on a lot of things I enjoy :(

4. Any wedding news updates: Overseas invites have been sent :)

5. Weekly wrap up: Things are starting to come together (finally!)
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: gained 2lbs in the last month. I am not too upset about it though, that is what I get for not being good!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): My best friend got engaged! I guess I should invite her to this thread!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Didn't workout as much as I wanted to.

4. Any wedding news updates: Booked our officiant and finalized wedding cake plans!

5. Weekly wrap up: Last week was a good week. This week I want to focus on tying up loose ends for the wedding. I still need a DJ and I need to book a shuttle service.
  • Bditbobcat
    Options
    Is anyone wearing flats with their wedding dress? I want to wear little blue flats, but am having no luck finding a cute pair! Any suggestions?
  • eeyorelvr09
    eeyorelvr09 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Is anyone wearing flats with their wedding dress? I want to wear little blue flats, but am having no luck finding a cute pair! Any suggestions?

I saw this thread and just thought I would give advice. I am wearing flats. I would wear heels if I could, but I'm 6'0" and my fiance is 5'9" I got my flats from Nine West for $40
  • Bditbobcat
    Options

I saw this thread and just thought I would give advice. I am wearing flats. I would wear heels if I could, but I'm 6'0" and my fiance is 5'9" I got my flats from Nine West for $40

Awesome thanks!!!
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 2lbs! (some of it may be from being sick, but we'll see if it sticks!)

2. Highlight of the past week: Had a fun night out with two girl friends from college. It was really fun catching up with them!

3. Lowlight of the past week: Trying to get over the nasty cold I have had. Went back to the gym and it still really hurt to breath :grumble: Trying as hard as I can to get back into my routine.

4. Any wedding news updates: Invitations should be delivered tomorrow!!!

5. Weekly wrap up: Rough week. Still really tired from being sick. Good/Bad thing is all the medicine and nasal drip made me sick to my stomach, so not over eating was easy.
  • kat0052
    kat0052 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kristin and I am new to MFP. I am here to lose 15lbs and get in shape before my wedding. I'm 26 and current live in Nashville and work as a photographer.

My fiance is Kevin and we are getting married on October 22nd. We have been together for 9 years.

My heaviest weight was right after I graduated college at 168. I think I was higher, but never got on the scale. My weight goal is between 120-125 with 18% BF. I love running and have just started boxing and think I found a new addiction. I love Mediterranean food and Eating Clean has some great recipes.
  • Bditbobcat
    Options
    Hi I'm Kristin and I am new to MFP. I am here to lose 15lbs and get in shape before my wedding. I'm 26 and current live in Nashville and work as a photographer.

My fiance is Kevin and we are getting married on October 22nd. We have been together for 9 years.

My heaviest weight was right after I graduated college at 168. I think I was higher, but never got on the scale. My weight goal is between 120-125 with 18% BF. I love running and have just started boxing and think I found a new addiction. I love Mediterranean food and Eating Clean has some great recipes.

Welcome Kristin! We have the same wedding date! I love boxing, do you have a bag or do you kickbox?
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options

Awesome thanks!!!

I will more then likely wear some type of no-heel shoe. I never wear heels because of a knee problem and it is just uncomfortable! Try Macys....they have a ton of shoes. I also get a lot of shoes from Naturlizer...very comfortable but expensive.
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: will weight in on Wed...I am hoping for a loss with my gain last week!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I had a great weekend! We got all new doors, trim, and baseboards in the house and they need to be pained. I got a lot of it done but so much more to do! This week starts my week 1 of 8 left for school! I also made good choices when going out to dinner this weekend...bison buger no bun, with chesse (I had to!) and grilled onions without butter or oil and bbq sauce. I had a side of veggie sticks instead of fries.

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Just been super hungery lately and I dont know why. It is hard to not eat when you are starving.

4. Any wedding news updates: Nothing really. The fiance and I are moving in together in July/Aug! Super excited about that.

5. Weekly wrap up: I have a super busy week coming up. I am stressed a little with school because I have less then 2 weeks to take my exit exam. I have lots of studying to do and I want to make time to work out.
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options

When my bestfriend got married 5 years ago, his bride went barefoot for their outdoor ceremony and then at the reception she wore white flipflops with rhinestones on the straps. I have been planning on stealing this idea since that day.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Congrats brides!

One of my bff's is getting married next year so I'm using that as extra motivation to lose these darn 8 lbs of honeymoon weight.

For those looking for flats/low heals I wore these kitten heals ALL NIGHT! I never changed (get your BM’s to bring flip flops though, best idea ever, I no longer attend a wedding w/o!) They were so very comphy and I have wide feet. I bought mine online for about $60, I had a coupon ($10 off or so) and shipped them to a hotel on vaca in the USA b/c Canada shipping was crazy high. If you want the exact website where I bought let me know, I still have a "Wedding" file in my hotmail.

http://www.coloriffics.com/detail.php?shoe=ANDIE&type=w
  • Ambie_
    Ambie_ Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello ladies!

1. Name: Amber
    2. Age: 25
    3. City: New Zealand
    4. Occupation: Photographer
    5. Wedding date: 7th April 2012
    6. Fiancés name: Devan
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 3yrs
    8. Heaviest weight: 143lbs (65kg)
    9. Goal weight and date: 121lbs (55kg) 1st July ( To order my wedding dress )
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Running/Gym
    11. Favorite healthy food:

1. 0
    2. Highlight of the past week: New Iphone :)
    3. Sad Devan is away for work : (
    4. Any wedding news updates: New Shoes last week!!!!
    5. Weekly wrap up: Time to get serious, I need to be better with recording my food, and cut down on my alcohol intake, I lost 11lbs (5kg) in my first 5wks, but in the following 6weeks loss nothing, I am not a very big person, but I am carrying allot more fat the last 2years, I would like to get back to my normal slim self for the wedding! This last 11lbs feels harder to move than ever, difficult not to give up!
  • suzumichan
    suzumichan Posts: 127
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Gained! :(

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): nothing.

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Having a hard time getting up and working out and eating correctly. So many people are passing away around me that I am emotionally eating. The best man father passed away this past weekend. :(

Also havent logged in for over 3 days or more and havent updated food or anything. losing that goal of wanting to be thin.

4. Any wedding news updates: my FH just brought my wedding ring today.

5. Weekly wrap up:Hoping to stick on track this week and last a full week of staying online.
  • Bditbobcat
    Options
    Thanks to all of you who have suggested certain flats!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    Ahhhh I am so anxious to weigh in tomorrow. I have been stuck between 160-162 the past 2 weeks and I so bad want to be in the 150's!!! I always have such a hard time getting into that next weight catagory. I have really bumped up the work outs this past week and I am hoping it pays off!

I just keep thinking about my wedding dress....whatever it will look like! haha When I get off track or want to eat something unhealthy I just think about how I want to look in a dress and I even look online at pictures of dresses to keep me going.

How does everyone else keep going when temptations get in the way???
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    @wannabrn10 I don't have any answers for you there. I find I work better if I give in and have a small amount of whatever I'm craving instead of denying myself. I almost always end up bingeing later if I don't.

Question for you ladies: my dress will be arriving May 27th (give or take a few days) and I ordered it 1.5 sizes smaller than I was mid-Feb. I've lost 6lbs since then and am curious to see how tight/how well it fits me now to get an idea of trouble zones I might have to work on. Now, the seamstress doesn't want to do a fitting before Sept 1 (wedding = Oct 15). Should I wait until later or go for it to at least try the dress on?
  • Bditbobcat
    Options
    @ wannabrn10: I do the same as you. Imagine myself in my dress, but usually I have to give in to my cravings because otherwise they will drive me crazy. I just try to reduce portion sizes and try healthier options. Like frozen yogurt instead of icecream!

@amandapratt: My dress shop actually recommended coming in and at least trying on the dress to make sure there were no manufacturing issues (i.e. missing zippers etc...). I went and tried it on and now am going to schedule a fitting for later in the summer. Talk about motivation to slim down!!!
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Question for you ladies: my dress will be arriving May 27th (give or take a few days) and I ordered it 1.5 sizes smaller than I was mid-Feb. I've lost 6lbs since then and am curious to see how tight/how well it fits me now to get an idea of trouble zones I might have to work on. Now, the seamstress doesn't want to do a fitting before Sept 1 (wedding = Oct 15). Should I wait until later or go for it to at least try the dress on?

Hey amandapratt! I would say it is up to you. It can be win win: If you go in to try it on and it fits you will be excited your hard work paid off and continue to work hard. If you go in and it is snug in some places, you will be motivated to work even hard so it will fit perfectly!

I couldn't wait to try my dress on. I raced down to the bridal salon as soon as it came in. I ordered it to the size i was, but that was 15lbs ago, so it will have to be taken in!