Which Polar Watch do u have?

Options
I am looking into purchasing a polar watch for myself. Which one do you have and do you like it?

Replies

• Killmenext
    Killmenext Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Not polar, but I use a Samsung Gear Live with Endomondo since it allows for real time heartrate monitoring, love it.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    FT1 - awful. Good chest strap though.
    FT7 - nice watch but unreliable as a HRM. Died young but not mourned.
    FT60 - love it. Completely reliable, allows customs settings. Can have an accurate calorie count with the correct settings if that's what you are after.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    FT7. The HRM monitor keeps dropping to 00. I have replaced the batteries, reset the watch, and still this keeps happening. I just ordered electrode gel as I saw in the Polar troubleshooting forum that it can sometimes help, but I wish I had never upgraded from my FT4. Fewer features, but it actually worked.

Maybe I should just give up and get the FT60?
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4, I wanted to get the 'entry level' price version in case it was another thing I ended up not using. I love it and use it more than I thought I would, I wish I had gone for a slightly better model. It's holding up well even with wearing it 5 hours a week in the pool (I just wash the chest strap in the shower and remove the sensor while it dries). I don't know which model I will go for if/when I decide to replace it with an upgrade, likely one that has a bit more settings and auto-syncs.

As far as accuracy, I don't have much as a basis for comparison. It seems about right for elliptical and swimming, but it feels like it's over estimating walking.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My last Polar was the FT60 as it allowed more customization. I'm now using a Garmin GPS unit because I also wanted the ability to track distances and pace for running & biking,

What are you hoping it will do for you?
  • jms14letgo
    jms14letgo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 (my second one). The first one I owned lasted about 6 months (used 6 days a week), then the battery died. It has gone through 2 other batteries in the last few weeks... so it's been buried in the trash. I just bought another one because I love the features it offers and it's still affordable (on amazon). I would love to go up to the FT60 but it's just a little pricey for me.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I have an FT4.

However if I were to buy one now, I wouldn't. I'd get the blue tooth chest strap and use a phone ap. I always have my phone with me anyway.
  • jflaur71
    jflaur71 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I should be getting a V800 for Christmas. Seems like it would be a good fit for me Hrm,activity tracker, cycling, and swimming. Read lots of in deph reviews. If it doesnt end up under the tree, there is always Amazon!!!
  • TheDoughnutTheif
    TheDoughnutTheif Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have an RS400 I love it. I don't cardio without it!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I have an F4...I used it all of the time for about a year and a half...the battery died and I never replaced it...don't use it anymore.

It served my purpose for it...it helped me figure out how many calories I burn for X, Y, & Z...and it helped me to relate a HR zone and number to my level of effort. I've been able to carry on without it though with no problem. I know roughly what I burn for whatever workout and I've actually become better about just listening to my body during a workout to know what level of effort I'm putting in.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I used to use an FT60 but stopped using it. The hassle of getting data out of it and into my tracking apps meant it wasn't giving me any value.

I now train with a Forerunner 310XT and the HR matches to my GPS trace,pace and elevation so the data becomes meaningful.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I have the RCX5, which is fantastic, but they have a new one M400 which I would check out. It has great reviews and costs around $200. Check out dcrainmaker for his reviews.
    Stef.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    FT4 is perfect for my me. I had 2 generic ones before, one took ages to start syncing and the other skipped too many beats for my liking. I use the FT4 to monitor my heart rate zones, so I don't need all the bells and whistles that come with the more expensive models. I love it because I've had it for over a year and it has not disappointed me, not even once. I also like that it has a replaceable battery which you can replace yourself, without needing to go to the company. The chest strap is elastic and adjustable, not like those leather ones that are either too tight or are slipping all around the place.
  • ingehooper
    ingehooper Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ft4 for me. Its all I need, its accurate and keeps me motivated. I had an ebay cheapy before and the chest strap was too rigid to stay tight on my body (couldn't read heart rate consistently) the ft4 has a nice fabric strap and is all I need.
  • Paper_Diva
    Paper_Diva Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have an FT60 and I love it. I swim in the summer and I can use it in the pool with the chest strap that came with it also. I manually enter the data onto the polar personal trainer website and it pretty easy to enter. I have not tried the upload gizmo. I'm too cheap to buy it.

It has some good features like the ownzone and it learns what your heart rate zones should be. Using it has kept me motivated and pushes me to work harder.
  • YoshiCow
    YoshiCow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I had the FT4, loved it.

Just bought the FT60, should have it in my hands tomorrow morning, so looking forward to using it in the evening. :)
  • FitCattitude
    FitCattitude Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    FT4 is brilliant, and waiting for V800 to arrive. Looking forward to taking things up a notch.