Moms with Csections

Options
So, I think the reason that I am having such a hard time with the whole weight-loss and motivation, is that I don't think my body will look the way I want it to when I am through. I am one that wears my stretchmarks with pride reminding me that I created my two beautiful children. The thing is, that after two c-sections, i have what I call the "c/s hangover". If you have had one, you know what I mean... your tummy hangs over your c/s scar. It disgusts me.

My questions is... has anyone lost a good amount of weight and had this "hangover" go away? or does it stay there? I just need to mentally prepare myself, thats why I ask.

Thanks!

Replies

• KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I know it can be done! I have noticed a huge difference in mine in the last month or so of working out! Give it time and keep moving and before you know it, it will be gone!
  • MickeyLeigh
    MickeyLeigh Posts: 106
    Options
    I have the same exact problem. But when I started to lose weight I noticed it did get smaller. As to whether or not it will ever be flat again I have no idea and would love to know if anyone has had that success.
  • Superdupermom
    Superdupermom Posts: 149
    Options
    got it too! i think it will go away with hard work :)
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    You may not end up with the exact body you want but you can have the best version of it possible! Mine has gone away considerably!
  • mrsmulhern
    mrsmulhern Posts: 15
    Options
    Yes, it can be done. I had a csection too and my belly was so gross and I had no hope of ever liking it again. But now, I've lost several pounds and several inches all by eating right and working out 5 days a week. My belly is almost completely flat. No hang over. And I had my daughter 3 years ago and only started working out this past November. Not long at all. I was 30 pounds over weight and it was all belly. Keep it up because there is hope. :happy:
  • abigailmagoo23
    Options
    I wish I knew too! Mine is terrible.. I have about 25 more pounds to lose and I am hoping for it to go AWAY!
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    I didn't have c-sections, but I did give birth to 5 children and I have the loose skin hangover :frown: I am down to 115 and work out 7 days a week, 3 of those days I do AB work and it didn't go away. I also have muscle separation from being pregnant 5 times. Needless to say, my high school friend is married to a plastic surgeon and I went in for a consult. He said no matter how many crunches or ab exercises that you do, its not going away.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I too have the kangaroo pouch--- after my first c-sec when I got back to baby wt- yes mam the pooch went away- never got back to pre baby wt with the 3rd child-2nd c-sec-- but I have lost 22 pounds and it is MUCH MUCH smaller- so here is wishing you good luck
  • kgillikin
    kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Girl. Mine is horrible. I have lost 16lbs and it looks better but still hangs. When I lose the rest of the weight I will let you know if mine goes away.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!! I've had 2 sections...stretch marks and all. My doctor said the only way to totally get rid of the hang is throughsurgery. I have found that diet and exercise does make it smaller. If you check my profile pics, you can see my bikini hides it well. In public, I'm the only one who know I have "a shelf" :laugh:

Keep at it!!
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have had three csection in just under 3 years. I have that same problem. I have lost a total of 62lbs (put on a little when I started lifting and not logging my food like a used too) and it has gotten smaller and not hanging so much but it is not gone. I work out hard 6-7 days a week and eat as clean as possible. I am not saying that it will never go away and for me I don't think it will be completely gone. I have been at this for over two years now and that is the one thing that annoys me that it is still there.

Keep working at it and love your mommy body it is worth it!
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    yes it can go away! i had a c-sect. 2 years ago and although i have been working my butt off (literally--running and whatever active things my body will physically let me do) it did get smaller and it did eventually go away. and not to mention, the pouch below the incision scar is gone too. they only advice i can give is to keep working on toning that area and burning fat in general...the reults take some time but one day, you'll wake up and look in the mirror and realize that it happened. it's just not something that's going to happen tomorrow, or next week or next month...be patient!! :)
  • Calead910
    Calead910 Posts: 4
    Options
    Honestly, I've lost 23 lbs and I have so many stretch marks and I have the hang over as well. I look a lot better with my clothes on but without clothing I look like an 80 yr. old woman. Everyone is different and I gained ALOT of weight with my son 7 years ago (75 lbs) so my body became a mess after that. I may never have that "perfect" body now regardless of my continued weight loss without plastic surgery. I would be mentally prepared just because it's not the same when losing weight pre babies but it's better to be healthy and with clothes on I look 10 times better and so losing weight is still worth it.
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 60 lbs and am 10-ish pounds from "goal" (a moving target) and while my c-section hangover has gotten much smaller, its still there and is my #1 problem spot. And for a "pear shaped girl" to say her BELLY is the problem spot tells you how much i HATE that flab! I'm not sure it will ever be "flat" but so long as it LOOKS FLAT thru clothes, i will be happy. I love my kids but i don't love what happened to my body! lol
  • heidi_79
    heidi_79 Posts: 27
    Options
    I have had 3 c-sections and was wondering the same thing this morning!!! It seems like that is the only part of my stomach not changing :(
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    When my weight is down, my "poof" is barely noticeable.
  • Tiff_09
    Tiff_09 Posts: 5,627 Member
    Options
    I'm with you girls.. I have it too.... We can do this!!!! :drinker:
  • mjemerson
    mjemerson Posts: 141
    Options
    It all depends on the person. It is also genetic. Some woman never get it and some of us unlucky gals get it no matter what we do. I have had two children as well and both c-sections. You will shrink it but you will never get rid of it. It doesn't have anything to do with your muscles that is why doing crunches won't help. It is your skin. There is a difference between your stomach sticking out and hanging down. If you have stretch marks that means your stomach will not "bounce" back. I have been to a plastic surgeon for a consult and that is the unfortunate truth. As he said though don't let that deter you from trying to lose weight and getting healthier!!! I am hoping some day I can get it "taken care of" good luck to you! Don't mean to be the bearer of bad news. It is something I have had to come to terms with it myself. Keep working hard and you will see results.
  • stephreed11
    stephreed11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I just posted something like this on my status! I got up feeling "good" & then I went to change shirts...& immediately the good feeling went away. I've had 1 c section (July of last year) & just recently decided to get serious about losing weight. I was in great shape before I got pregnant & never had 1 visible stretch mark. Now my stomach & upper thighs are covered in them & my belly is all shriveled & hangs. I know losing the weight is still worth it if I look better in clothes..but I hate the depressing feeling of taking them off! It bothers me to think I'll prob never be able to wear a bikini again...I'm only 23! :/
  • stephreed11
    stephreed11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    With all that said, I must also say I am so blessed to have my baby girl & that my "mommy scars" are worth it for her!