Zig Zag calorie & dieting question

Options
I get the whole concept of the zig zag. My question is do you eat the exercise calories or not?

I checked this site (see below) and put in with no exercise & with 5x a week exercise. My Extreme Weight Loss calories stayed exactly the same. I usually workout 5x a week and burn about 350-375 calories each workout. That would lower my net calories to 914 & 1167 a day.

That just seems way too low for me.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Replies

• Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Sounds a bit low ... I would go for an average deficit of 1000 calories per day over the course of a week, that should be about a two pound weight loss.
    I am not a zig-zag expert by any means though and have not really studied the concept much. But in theory, what I have seen seems to make sense.
    My .02 anyway
    ~Namaste
  • andipandi
    andipandi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    find out what your BMR is...it's probably quite low and go from there....those number look correct.
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am just starting that this week. There are a lot of posts on this subject, just search the forum and you will find quite a bit on it. Good luck and let us know how you make out!
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am just starting that this week. There are a lot of posts on this subject, just search the forum and you will find quite a bit on it. Good luck and let us know how you make out!
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    You don't eat your exercise calories! If you use this calculator and enter your weight it will give you several options. Extreme fat loss, fat loss and even muscle gain...http://www.naturalphysiques.com/64/zig-zag-calculator-for-fat-loss-andor-muscle-gain...hope that helps!
  • carol7323
    carol7323 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So I calculated my BMR and it is 1450. Then I used that to calculate my daily caloric need which is 2248. That is based on 3-5 x a week workouts at a moderate level.

If I go with 1264 as my caloric intake for 2 days that leaves a deficit of 984 for 5 days a week. The other 2 days my deficit would be 731 each day. My weekly deficit would 6382.
  • carmelasergi
    carmelasergi Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Thanks!