going out for lunch....

Options
We will be out today for lunch and I need some suggestions. Can anyone help?

Replies

• melissa91971
    Options
    We will be out today for lunch and I need some suggestions. Can anyone help?
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Applebee's has the Weight Watchers menu. Lot's of yummy stuff!
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Depending on where you go:

Do not eat the bread or any "befores" like peanuts or chips

Careful of the salads: between croutons, cheese, bacon and high fat dressings they are much higher in calories than you would think. If you order a salad ask that all the fattening stuff is kept off and get a low fat dressing on the side.

Ordered grilled chicken,fish or a small steak....most restaurants have a lunch menu that include a 6 oz steak option

Order the vegetable medley instead of rice or a potato

If you get a potato get it plain and order some salsa instead of butter or sour cream

Get water or unsweetened tea or a diet soda.

I have to do this all the time due to business....don't be afraid to ask questions about how something is cooked and ask them to leave off oil and butter. Most places are used to this now and many even have these options on the menu.

Have a good time!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    anything but turkey, blech:laugh:

Ask questions of the server. Dont be embarrased, this is their job.
    I asked for no grease at a Thai place the other night and they were happy to do it-it was the best Pad Siew I have ever had.

Go for broiled and grilled foods. Chicken, fish and turkey are all good choices.

Ask for sauces and salad dressings on the side.

I learned a trick where you dip your fork in the sauce then eat a peice of the food. Yummy! You get all the flavor and use a small percent of the sauce. ( I tested this with 2 oz of dressing for my salad-which is what I used to put on it. I ate my entire salad and you couldnt see a dent in the cup!! I prob used 1 tspn of dressing!)

Skip the roll, or pick 1 and pass the basket.

It is really hard even with all these things to control the calories so ENJOY it and dont wig out, but be aware

Where are y'all going to lunch? You can look up the nutrition guide before you go!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hah, Tess and I were typing at the same time...we agree on all!! :laugh:
  • melissa91971
    Options
    Thanks everyone great suggestions!:happy: