Hope for a Mom of twins?

bltmgray
bltmgray Posts: 163 Member
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello everyone,

I'm a mother of 6 year old twin boys and a 10 year old girl. I've been on my weightloss journey since Dec/Jan 2009/2010. I've lost 57lbs to date and am very happy and healthy. I still have about 20lbs to go, but I'm hopping that some of you can answer a question I have. I know that the hardest part to lose weight is in the belly, and since the birth of my sons, my belly has "excess skin." I hate it and even though I've lost a lot of weight and my tummy has gone down quite a bit, I still have that "flabby" tummy. I'm hoping that there are other Mom's out there like me that have a success story to share. I'm hoping that the skin will go away by the time I'm down to my goal weight. Does any one have a success story like mine that will give me hope that my "flabby" twin tummy will one day be flat? I hope so or I may just have to get a tummy tuck. LOL!

Replies

• bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    I hope you get some great feed back. I have the sam prob after having my youngest a year ago. I've lost 33 pounds and that FLAB hasnt really left me...:( My kids are 1, 2 and 4.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    I hope that you will do well in your weight loss journey....I'm not a mom....I am a twin though....Twins are cool.....
  • Sherri0706
    Sherri0706 Posts: 64
    Bump. I'm looking for answers too. I have 4 kids with the last 2 being twins.
  • Sherri0706
    Sherri0706 Posts: 64
    I hope that you will do well in your weight loss journey....I'm not a mom....I am a twin though....Twins are cool.....
    Twins ARE cool!!
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    I have 3 kids, all of whom came out of this body. Yes, it wrecks the belly, doesn't it!! I have got my body fat down under 25% and it's finally going away. It looks much less like a roll now under clothes, however myskin is still gross. I don't think the strech marks will every allow it to look the way it used to. It's ok though, my kids were worth it! :)
  • dmcohee
    dmcohee Posts: 99 Member
    I have 3 year old twins and a 10 year old. I can't speak for my tummy at the moment because I am pregnant again; however, before I got pregnant I had lost 40 pounds and my stomach was pretty flat :-) The skin was still stretchy and when I would sit down it would sag a little, but I can deal with that. :wink: I think some women are luckier than others with having more elastic skin. Good luck and great job on your weight loss!
  • murawskid
    murawskid Posts: 4
    Completely feel your pain. I have 3 1/2 year old twins and a 18 month old single. Yikes! The crease and flap...ewwww... I am down 30 pounds, and it has decreased..but not gone away. Good luck to you, I am thinking if it does not go away by goal weight, tummy tuck! :)
  • bltmgray
    Completely feel your pain. I have 3 1/2 year old twins and a 18 month old single. Yikes! The crease and flap...ewwww... I am down 30 pounds, and it has decreased..but not gone away. Good luck to you, I am thinking if it does not go away by goal weight, tummy tuck! :)

Thank you! That's what I'm afraid of. I've never really had a flat tummy, but this excess skin is so grouse. I hate it so much! I'm hoping with more tummy exercises that it will go away. Like I said, either that or tummy tuck here I come. LOL!
  • I am also a mommy to twins, 2 girls 20 months old and i also have two other daughters 5 & 3!!! I did have a c-section with my twins and i feel like that has made my "saggy skin", I know what you mean about the "flabby belly" ( i have that too) I have lost 20 lbs in the last two months and although i have lost inches (3 1/2) i don't feel like the amount of excess skin has changed but i am trying to stay positive and hope that if anything my stomach were to just go down. Excess skin is not attractive but for most women who have this problem due to having kids do have a hard time getting rid of it. Most need surgery to fix. I am blessed to have my girls and i guess i am trying to accept it. I do a fair amount of spot training (all kinds of ab workouts) along with cardio and drink lots of water. I wish i had better advice but i am in the same rut. Just wanted you to know your not alone. Good luck and i hope you find a way.
  • juliakuch
    juliakuch Posts: 2
    I have 4 girls (ages 6, 4, 3). The last two are 3-year old twins. They were 7 pounders when they were born, so you can just imagine the size of my belly. I thought I would never get rid of my flappy skin on my belly. Right now I am just 5 lb. away from my weight loss goal, and I am very happy with the way I look (my husband is happy too!). I still have a bit of a flappy skin in that area. I am not sure if it will ever go away completely but it really doesn't matter to me. That little flap represents the sacrifices that I made and the tremendous blessings that came with them - my four little wild monkeys and my wonderful husband who adored me even when I was blown up like a balloon! I look great, I feel great, I am happy! What more can I ask for?!
  • bltmgray
    I have 4 girls (ages 6, 4, 3). The last two are 3-year old twins. They were 7 pounders when they were born, so you can just imagine the size of my belly. I thought I would never get rid of my flappy skin on my belly. Right now I am just 5 lb. away from my weight loss goal, and I am very happy with the way I look (my husband is happy too!). I still have a bit of a flappy skin in that area. I am not sure if it will ever go away completely but it really doesn't matter to me. That little flap represents the sacrifices that I made and the tremendous blessings that came with them - my four little wild monkeys and my wonderful husband who adored me even when I was blown up like a balloon! I look great, I feel great, I am happy! What more can I ask for?!

Don't get me wrong, I have lot's of sterch marks on my skin that I love because it shows that I have given the greatest sacrife for my children. I just don't like the "flabby" skin. I dought that I will really get a tummy tuck, but it would be nice to know that after putting in a lot of hard work, the "flabby" tummy will go away. ]
  • bltmgray
    bump
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    I don't know, but I am right there with you. I hate my flabby tummy skin. As I lose inches it seems to decrease the flabbiness, but there is still plenty to make me think I will never wear a two piece again. I can only hope as I get closer to my goal it will stretch tight. I am putting my faith in lotions to help the elasticity and toning exercises.
This discussion has been closed.