UP3 or UP24

Options
Does anyone use the UP3 and if so, how do you like it?
Thanks!

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Up3 is not out yet.
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I knew it was available for preorder in US- i assumed someone had received it by now. Thanks
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Nope, it ships 12/22. I'll be doing a review once I get mine, and I know of at least 4 others who ordered it.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Up3 is not out yet.

Is that a no?
  • DavPul
    Options
    Nope, it ships 12/22. I'll be doing a review once I get mine, and I know of at least 4 others who ordered it.

Sure it does. Conveniently becomes available for order a couple weeks before Christmas shopping season and super Conveniently will be shipping on the last possible day to get items delivered by Christmas.

Yeeeeeah, expect to get a DELAYED announcement on Dec 23rd. Or perhaps they'll do the trick where they ship them with MFP level bugs and then try to fix it with a software update the day you get it and another couple over the next couple months.

If that product was truly ready for shipping they'd have it paid every retailer to have them stacked on end caps near the checkout aisles already.

I'm actually interested in the product since it seems to be the true successor to the BMF, but I'll wait a couple months and see how it goes.
  • randomtai
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Up3 is not out yet.

Is that a no?

I don't know. I am curious as to how it will compare to my Bodymedia. I am not happy with Jawbone and the release of the Up3 has been bungled, so it remains to be seen.
  • DavPul
    Options
    Up3 is not out yet.

Is that a no?

I don't know. I am curious as to how it will compare to my Bodymedia. I am not happy with Jawbone and the release of the Up3 has been bungled, so it remains to be seen.

I've been a bit pissy with jawbone for essentially killing off bodymedia since the acquisition and never letting the bmf2 see the light of day. But recently I've decided that my anger is misplaced. Bodymedia is the one that mismanaged their marketing do terribly that the had the best device and a huge head start in the market and squandered it till they were so broke that the company could be had for a handful of magic beans. They blew it and now they're dead.

I'm not real excited about the prospect of wearing this Up3 thing on my wrist but was I really excited to wear an armband at first? I am excited about not having to take it off for swimming and Tough Mudders and such. So I'll get one. After I confirm that it didn't ship as buggy crapware tho
  • randomtai
    Options
    Up3 is not out yet.

Is that a no?

I've been a bit pissy with jawbone for essentially killing off bodymedia since the acquisition and never letting the bmf2 see the light of day. But recently I've decided that my anger is misplaced. Bodymedia is the one that mismanaged their marketing do terribly that the had the best device and a huge head start in the market and squandered it till they were so broke that the company could be had for a handful of magic beans. They blew it and now they're dead.

I'm not real excited about the prospect of wearing this Up3 thing on my wrist but was I really excited to wear an armband at first? I am excited about not having to take it off for swimming and Tough Mudders and such. So I'll get one. After I confirm that it didn't ship as buggy crapware tho

I agree with everything on this post... I fear they are worrying more about the aesthetics of the device instead of the accuracy.
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    In to read reviews once they ship.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You can read more about the UP3 in the Jawbone UP Bracelet group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/13420-jawbone-up-bracelet
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I got a call from Jawbone a couple of days ago offering me the $40 off or free Move due to their delay and subsequent communication snafu. I expressed strongly how disappointed I am in their service, took the $40, and will update as soon as I (finally) get my Up3 (early 2015, they said, which could mean anything.)
  • needlerknits
    needlerknits Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    same story here. I opted for the move thingie on a clip, and it arrived today. No instructions came with it except something to tell you to get the app. In the Playstore there are two different up apps so I'm not sure which one to get.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I got a call from Jawbone a couple of days ago offering me the $40 off or free Move due to their delay and subsequent communication snafu. I expressed strongly how disappointed I am in their service, took the $40, and will update as soon as I (finally) get my Up3 (early 2015, they said, which could mean anything.)

Man, Dave called it, didn't he?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I opted for the move thingie on a clip, and it arrived today. No instructions came with it except something to tell you to get the app.

The paperless instructions are at https://help.jawbone.com/upmove

The download link is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jawbone.up&hl=en