Exercises to help lose weight

Options
I'm 126 pounds and need to be at most 99 by School starting. How can this happen quickly, any tips? School starts in Feb so any more loss than that would be awesome. I will try not to weigh myself throughout this.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You can't start another thread and then ask the same question.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    No, you don't need to be 99 lbs.
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I can exercise all I want but if I eat like crap the weight doesn't come off.
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    LOL! I was wondering if I was ever going to get flagged for something! Maybe MFP will update the site so it shows you who did it!! Thanks guy/gal!

I'm telling the truth. You can exercise all you want but if you're not eating right you won't lose weight. Only saying it because I'VE BEEN THERE! Not saying that OP isn't eating right but if she isn't then there's some advice.

LOL!
    I love it.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You want to lose 27lbs in 6 weeks? That's not going to happen, and DEFINITELY won't happen in any kind of healthy way.

This question and your profile are concerning. Take a step back and make sure you are doing things for the right reasons, and that your goals/expectations are healthy.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    This is a health and fitness website. Nobody's going to give you advice on how to drop that much weigh in such a short period of time when you don't need to.

I really think it's a shame that people use this website to feed their disorders/unhealthy relationships w/food. Please get some professional help.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    You could amputate your least favorite arm. Short of that, you need to reevaluate your goals and realize that the people here are giving you good advice. Your current goal is neither feasible nor advisable.
  • Scratchy333
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    You can't start another thread and then ask the same question.
    I didn't realize that this had made a comment on two threads. sorry. I only wrote once.
  • Scratchy333
    Options
    It is a simple question of what exercises are effective. I'm not the only one on here who may be "disordered" as you say so sorry for obviously offending all of you....
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It is a simple question of what exercises are effective. I'm not the only one on here who may be "disordered" as you say so sorry for obviously offending all of you....
    It's not about exercise, its about diet. Let's walk through the math...

27lbs = roughly 94,500 calories. That means to lose the weight, you'll need a cumulative deficit of 94,500 calories.

94,500 calories over 6 weeks = 2250 calories per day. So, to lose the desired weight in the desired timeframe, you need to average a deficit of 2250 calories per day for the next 6 weeks.

Basically, you can't eat. And even that might not be enough.

I not trying to be a jerk, but you need to understand what you are asking.
  • Scratchy333
    Options
    well sorry then...I don't actually know how to delete this thread, because it seems to be going down like a tonne of *kitten* so I'm very sorry for offending you all and seeming antsy...All I was asking was about exercise but nevermind.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    well sorry then...I don't actually know how to delete this thread, because it seems to be going down like a tonne of *kitten* so I'm very sorry for offending you all and seeming antsy...All I was asking was about exercise but nevermind.

No one here is "offended."

Your goal is unhealthy and likely not all that realistic.

Exercise alone won't make you lose weight. To lose weight you need to be at a deficit.

Is 99lbs even a healthy weight for you? Is that you in your avatar? And why the **** do you NEED to be 99lbs by Feb (or at all for that matter)?
  • Scratchy333
    Scratchy333 Posts: 7
    edited December 2014
    Options
    99lbs is still healthy for me. I am 152cm. Yes, it is me (holding in all my fat). To me 99lbs seems to be so much lees than 100lbs even though they are only 1lb difference, it's just that 100 is a three-digit-number and to me is a huge thing.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    99 pounds is unrealistic and only a number on a scale.