Binge Prevention Buddy

Options
Hi guys! I'm a 23 year old woman trying to maintain weight after losing those last pesky 5 pounds. I've been able to reintroduce all food groups and eat normally, but struggle with binges every couple of weeks. These happen because of cravings, habit, low self-esteem, emotions... I haven't totally figured it out yet.

I'd love to get in touch with people who are dealing/have dealt with similar situations and are interested in supporting each other to prevent binges and figure out their underlying causes. Basically, I want to set up an ongoing support network where we can reach out if we feel a binge coming or just had one and talk things through. Since we would establish relationships off the bat, it might be a little more reliable than just posting a thread whenever something happens.

Let me know!

Replies

• Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! I am also a binge eater and do believe if I had someone to talk to when the cravings hit, it would help :)
  • maybelle184
    Options
    Awesome! I'll send you a friend request now and we can touch base
  • Chandler330
    Chandler330 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I could've used a buddy last night, count me in!
  • fatboyliz
    fatboyliz Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Me too please!!!
  • michsax14
    michsax14 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I also love this idea! It would be great to bond with others who understand the battle!
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm a 23 year old woman trying to maintain weight after losing those last pesky 5 pounds. I've been able to reintroduce all food groups and eat normally, but struggle with binges every couple of weeks. These happen because of cravings, habit, low self-esteem, emotions... I haven't totally figured it out yet.

I'd love to get in touch with people who are dealing/have dealt with similar situations and are interested in supporting each other to prevent binges and figure out their underlying causes. Basically, I want to set up an ongoing support network where we can reach out if we feel a binge coming or just had one and talk things through. Since we would establish relationships off the bat, it might be a little more reliable than just posting a thread whenever something happens.

Let me know!

I've been dealing with this exact same thing for the past two months! I started seeing a nutritionist, and he believes it's due to the fact that I withheld myself from sweets/other things for so long while I was losing weight, so it's like I'm getting reintroduced to the foods I used to love all over again.

Count me in.
  • maybelle184
    Options
    @ryanhorn, I totally agree with the nutritionist. Even though I've reintroduced those foods, part of me still feels guilty and bad about eating them. It's so hard to let go of those ingrained beliefs about food.
  • thiswillhappen
    thiswillhappen Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for binge support buddies!
  • brosis85
    brosis85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I think this a great idea! I would love to have some support. I am doing a 'cut' for a fitness competition and really need to avoid those binges! Add me if you like!!
  • AnnaChanges
    AnnaChanges Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am in too. I am maintaining too and although I was binge free for 300 days but this week something triggered it back and it was not easy. Love any support I can get and give
  • janecl
    janecl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm not at the same point you are but binging is problem for me, especially at night. I'd like to be a binge support buddy.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I am so in! 2 years ago on Christmas Eve, I lost all my weight and hit my goal weight of 135 lbs. In the last 1.5 years, I put 3/4 of the weight back on gaining about 15 lbs. Over the last month, I've been on my way back to being on track and started workout consistently again on Monday. I'm down to 146 lbs and would like to lose around 10 more lbs depending on how the clothes are fitting. This time I'm also looking at adding some muscle mass so depending on how I feel in 10 lbs or so, I might stop or continue on.

I'm always looking for like minded people to help me along my journey and if I have an urge to binge - It would be great to have someone to turn to. Mine also happen at night before dinner or before bed. I've been trying to fill my time at home so that I have less "free" time at home to prevent binging, it seems to be helping.

Add me if you'd like :)
  • Feel free to add me too ladies
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    bingeing is my downfall, i do well for a couple of days and them wham, i'm like a pig in a trough, well my car to be more precise as i'm a secret eater as well, the more i try and resist the foods i always opt for on my binge the worse the binge is, i manage to lose 20lb following slimming world but i hated it as i really binged and would end up skipping meals all the time, and i've unfortunately put 14lb back on. need to get my head back in the game so some support would be appreciated. thank you.
  • Bingeing. Ugh, man is that my worst enemy. I have used it to cope with so many things! I'd love to also have some buddies! Feel free to send me a request (please write something and read my about me first) :)
  • vickee13
    Options
    Queen of Binging here, a two week binge saw me gaining 2st (28lbs) :'(
    So any help/support would be gratefully received and I will happily give it back in return!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    There's a binge eating support group here if you like:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/726-binge-eating-support-group

(I don't know much about it though.)

If your binging isn't severe have you read "Brain Over Binge" and used the techniques outlined there? Worth a shot.
  • maybelle184
    Options
    Thanks! I just joined the support group too, so we'll see how it goes!
  • Ashleyr91
    Options
    You can add me! I'm 24 and I have an absolutely horrible problem with stress related binging that I'm trying to stop.