2015 Brides and Grooms

Options
Anyone getting married next year?

Starting January I am about the ramp up the training and get lean for my wedding in June. Pretty much just been maintaining lately but looking to lose about 5 kilos for the big day and feel good in the most expensive dress I will probably ever wear.

Looking for support buddies and general wedding chat.

Replies

• BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in July :) I have just started getting back on track and would like to lose ~20 pounds before that. I would actually be happy with 10 by then but ultimately I would like to lose 30. I already have my dress and fortunately it fits in a way that weight fluctuations (or how my body deals with them) won't dramatically alter how it fits.

And ultimately I'm just super excited to get married :)
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I tried on dresses yesterday, now that is incentive as they were all super tight!
  • amtru2015
    amtru2015 Posts: 179 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Getting married in May! I need support girlies too!
  • KGRebelRanch
    KGRebelRanch Posts: 109 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Will be getting married on my 10th anniversary with my husband. Dec 15, 2015.
    Yep, been together a whole decade and haven't signed the papers yet.

ETA, bought a dress the year he proposed, but it seems silly to wear all these years later, so we're just running to the JP on our way to get dinner that day.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    June! Fun!
  • rachelchase40
    rachelchase40 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am getting married on October 17, 2015! I'm so excited!! I started losing weight in the beginning of August and he proposed in the beginning of November. I plan on being at my goal weight (i have to lose 35.6 more pounds) or super close to it by a year on mfp but if that doesn't happen i should definitely be there by the wedding :D
  • Renee0887
    Renee0887 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Sept 5, 2015!
  • _caseyb
    _caseyb Posts: 51 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Getting married Mach 7th. I'm shocked how quickly Marich is approaching. Bought my dress back in February and have since lost 22lbs, 3 more to go to hit my wedding goal! Feel free to add :)
  • StormiLu
    StormiLu Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hello Chatnel, I plan to at some point this year...Havent Set the date yet But I am Set one loosing every bit of at most 50 but at lease 30 before then!! Maybe we can help each other out, Talk Wedding, Men, Kids, Weight Loss, and Tips!!
  • chatnel
    Options
    Hi all, how is the planning going? Just over 6 months left and I have only booked the reception venue so far
  • _caseyb
    Options
    Planning is done! I had the venue, caterer, and photographer booked over a year ago. I got a little over excited :/

Coordinator and hair/makeup team were just booked last month. Ordered final invitations last week (thank you late Black Friday sale from wedding paper divas) and now all that's left is my dress alterations in January!

I can't believe this is actually becoming a reality. We got engaged in September 2013 and the wedding seemed so far off back then. Now, we're at 80-something days!
  • _caseyb
    Options
    Also- in super pumped to show my bridal boutique how wrong they were. I bought my dress in February and the woman yelled at me for asking to order it two sizes smaller. She said I was wasting my money and the dress would never fit. A few months later and 20lbs down, the dress is way too big :)
  • 13Strong
    13Strong Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I'm also getting married Oct 17th. I have my venues, officiate, and cater picked. Working on photographer now. In Jan/Feb I'll get my dress and hopefully in Feb/March I'll send out save the dates...

• chatnel
    Options
    _caseyb wrote: »
    Also- in super pumped to show my bridal boutique how wrong they were. I bought my dress in February and the woman yelled at me for asking to order it two sizes smaller. She said I was wasting my money and the dress would never fit. A few months later and 20lbs down, the dress is way too big :)

wow that is great, well done
  • kimberlyhurt
    kimberlyhurt Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    _caseyb wrote: »

That is awesome! My dress is about a size and a half too small now, but I've got till just to get in it!
  • kimberlyhurt
    kimberlyhurt Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I'm tying the knot on June 1st and want to lose about 40 more lbs before then (or hit a size 14, whichever comes first). I've lost about 66 so far. I bought the dress of my dreams on a crazy sale (new with the tags for $96) but it's a 14 and my behind is an 18, so there's still a lot of work left to do. But if I can pull it off that'll be the smallest I've been since middle school.

Feel free to add me btw, I'm on here a couple of times a day :)
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    June 6th for me.....happy with my size (more or less) right now, but do want to have amazing shoulders! My dress is not too forgiving either, so although I don't panic about losing more weight, I certainly do not want to be putting any on!!
  • metalellie1
    metalellie1 Posts: 14 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hi, I'm getting married June 5th and have about 25lbs to go. Should just about manage it if I ramp up my efforts from now on! I was in between sizes for my dress so I ordered the lower size, I'm hoping it will need to be altered down a little too!

Edited to say would love some friends so feel free to add me :)
  • chatnel
    Options
    Where is everyone getting married? I am getting married in park on the beach hoping it won't rain.
  • agh846
    agh846 Posts: 14
    Options
    Me! I'm getting married May 30 in NC and looking to lose 25+ lbs by then. Friend me so we can motivate each other for looking fine on our big days :)