Chicken recipess!

Options
XoCynthiaXo
XoCynthiaXo Posts: 78 Member
Anyone have any good chicken recipes?????

Replies

• jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    now, I haven't calculated this for calories yet. but... I have a awesome BBQ chicken sandwich.

take 2 breasts, season how you like... we use tons of garlic.

cook them in a skillit till the outside is done, but the middle is pink.

put them in a crockpot, and pour BBQ sauce over them. We use Sweet baby rays.

cook on low for about 1-2 hours. You will know when they are done if you use 2 forks and can pull the chicken apart easily. Then shred them up. you may have to add more BBQ sauce. cook on low for another 15-20 min. Then put on a bun. We add cheese as well.
  • BlueMindi
    BlueMindi Posts: 17
    Options
    I use this one weekly - super healthy!

Whole Wheat Herb & Parmesan Crusted Chicken
    Ingredients

* 1 garlic clove, peeled
    * 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
    * 2 slices whole-wheat bread
    * 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
    * 2 tablespoons olive oil
    * 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
    * freshly ground black pepper
    * 4 skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves, 2 pork tenderloins, halved (1 1/2 to 2 pounds total), or 1 1/2 pounds skinless salmon fillet (4 pieces)
    * 4 teaspoons Dijon or honey mustard

Directions

1. Heat oven to 400º F.
    2. Lightly coat a medium baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
    3. Mince the garlic in a food processor, then add the parsley and pulse until combined, about 15 seconds. Add the bread, Parmesan, oil, salt, and a few grinds of black pepper. Pulse until well combined.
    4. Arrange the meat or fish in the baking dish. Spread with the mustard, then pat the crumbs on top.
    5. Bake until cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes for the chicken, 30 minutes for the pork, or 20 minutes for the salmon. Divide among 4 plates and season with salt and pepper to taste.
  • ngwehner
    ngwehner Posts: 19
    Options
    Check out my Morrocan Chicken and Couscous soup posted earlier today.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    i really, really like this recipe...

boil a pound of boneless/skinless chicken breast until thoroughly cooked.
    remove chicken from water and cook a pound of egg noodles in the boiling water according to package directions.
    while noodles cook, shred chicken with two forks.
    drain noodles and toss with chicken and 2-3 tablespoons of butter.
    add salt and pepper.

it tastes like the amish noodles from my favorite amish restaurant! yummy! and not too bad calorie wise.
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have a few chicken recipes you may like, I hope these help. :flowerforyou:
    Chicken tortilla Casserole
    1 can (10.75 oz) 98% fat-free, 45% less-sodium, condensed cream of chicken soup
    1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles
    1 container (8 oz) fat-free sour cream
    1/2 cup fat-free (skim) milk
    2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
    8 yellow corn tortillas (6 or 7 inch), torn into bite-size pieces
    1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
    1 large tomato, chopped (1 cup)
    1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend (6 oz)

Directions
    1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix soup, chiles, sour cream and milk until blended. Stir in chicken, tortillas and bell pepper. Stir in tomato and 1 cup of the cheese. Spoon and spread mixture in baking dish.2. Cover with foil. Bake 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake uncovered 5 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes.
    Heat oven to 375 degrees F.

Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 610mg; Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 4g); Protein 22g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 20%; Iron 8%. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Very Lean Meat. Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2.

Baked Herbed Chicken

It isn't fried chicken, but it's delicious and better for you. Fat-free cream cheese fills the baked chicken and the sauce uses reduced-sodium broth.

Servings: 4 servings
    Prep: 20 mins
    Total: 45 mins
    4 medium chicken breast halves, skinned and boned (about 1-1/2 to 2 pounds total)
    1/2 cup fat-free cream cheese
    1/4 cup finely chopped red or green sweet pepper
    1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary or tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary or tarragon, crushed
    Nonstick cooking spray
    Coarsely ground black pepper
    1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
    2 tablespoons dry white wine or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 tablespoon butter or margarine
    1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
    2 teaspoons cornstarch

Place each chicken breast half, boned side up, between 2 pieces of clear plastic wrap. Working from the center to the edge, pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet to 1/8-inch thickness. Remove the clear plastic wrap.2. Top each chicken piece with 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese and 1 tablespoon of the chopped sweet pepper. Sprinkle with the rosemary or tarragon. Fold in the sides. Roll up, jelly-roll style, pressing the edges to seal. Secure the rolls with wooden toothpicks, if necessary.3. Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Cook the chicken rolls over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned, turning to brown all sides. Remove to an 8x8x2-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with pepper. Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the chicken broth, wine or lemon juice, and cornstarch. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in butter or margarine. Serve over chicken rolls. Sprinkle with the snipped chives. Makes 4 servings.

Nutrition Facts
    Calories 237, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 99 mg, Sodium 190 mg, Carbohydrate 3 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 36 g.

15-minute chicken pasta

350g pasta bows (farfalle)
    300g broccoli , cut into small florets
    1 tbsp olive oil
    3 large skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
    2 garlic cloves , crushed
    2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
    juice of 1 large or 2 small oranges
    25g flaked almonds , toasted

Cook 15 mins
    Low-fat, Super healthy
    Serves 4

Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions. Three minutes before the pasta is cooked, throw the broccoli into the pasta water and continue to boil.
    While the pasta is cooking, gently heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Tip in the chicken and fry, stirring occasionally, until the chicken pieces are cooked and golden, about 8-10 minutes, adding the garlic for the last 2 minutes.
    Mix the mustard with the orange juice in a small bowl. Pour the mixture over the chicken, and gently simmer for a minute or two. Drain the pasta and broccoli, reserving 3 tablespoons of the pasta water. Toss the pasta and broccoli with the chicken, stir in the pasta water and the almonds, season well and serve.
    Making it nut-free
    Pine nuts are an ideal replacement for the almonds if you have a nut allergy, as they are in fact a seed from a variety of pine tree.
    Per serving 531 calories, protein 43g, carbohydrate 70g, fat 11 g, saturated fat 1g, fibre 6g, salt 0.52
  • Rebecca1428
    Options
    bump
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Marking for later
  • Trezzy
    Trezzy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have to make the Chicken Tortilla Casserole TONIGHT! Sounds so good!
  • joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have a few chicken recipes you may like, I hope these help. :flowerforyou:
    Chicken tortilla Casserole
    1 can (10.75 oz) 98% fat-free, 45% less-sodium, condensed cream of chicken soup
    1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles
    1 container (8 oz) fat-free sour cream
    1/2 cup fat-free (skim) milk
    2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
    8 yellow corn tortillas (6 or 7 inch), torn into bite-size pieces
    1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
    1 large tomato, chopped (1 cup)
    1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend (6 oz)

Directions
    1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix soup, chiles, sour cream and milk until blended. Stir in chicken, tortillas and bell pepper. Stir in tomato and 1 cup of the cheese. Spoon and spread mixture in baking dish.2. Cover with foil. Bake 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake uncovered 5 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes.
    Heat oven to 375 degrees F.

Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 610mg; Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 4g); Protein 22g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 20%; Iron 8%. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Very Lean Meat. Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2.

Bump
  • tbrew811
    tbrew811 Posts: 40
    Options
    BUMP
  • ashleymcquown
    Options
    saving this post!
  • fwilliamson2177
    Options
    Do you know the serving size on the Chicken Tortilla Casserole? It sounds really good!!!
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Do you know the serving size on the Chicken Tortilla Casserole? It sounds really good!!!

The casserole is 8 servings
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    yum
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    i really, really like this recipe...

boil a pound of boneless/skinless chicken breast until thoroughly cooked.
    remove chicken from water and cook a pound of egg noodles in the boiling water according to package directions.
    while noodles cook, shred chicken with two forks.
    drain noodles and toss with chicken and 2-3 tablespoons of butter.
    add salt and pepper.

it tastes like the amish noodles from my favorite amish restaurant! yummy! and not too bad calorie wise.

bump
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    bump
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I use this one weekly - super healthy!

Whole Wheat Herb & Parmesan Crusted Chicken
    Ingredients

* 1 garlic clove, peeled
    * 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
    * 2 slices whole-wheat bread
    * 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
    * 2 tablespoons olive oil
    * 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
    * freshly ground black pepper
    * 4 skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves, 2 pork tenderloins, halved (1 1/2 to 2 pounds total), or 1 1/2 pounds skinless salmon fillet (4 pieces)
    * 4 teaspoons Dijon or honey mustard

Directions

1. Heat oven to 400º F.
    2. Lightly coat a medium baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
    3. Mince the garlic in a food processor, then add the parsley and pulse until combined, about 15 seconds. Add the bread, Parmesan, oil, salt, and a few grinds of black pepper. Pulse until well combined.
    4. Arrange the meat or fish in the baking dish. Spread with the mustard, then pat the crumbs on top.
    5. Bake until cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes for the chicken, 30 minutes for the pork, or 20 minutes for the salmon. Divide among 4 plates and season with salt and pepper to taste.

I'm inspired! Trying it tonight for dinner!
  • BeautifulTestimony
    Options
    Good morning Rebecca,

What does "bump" means?

Thanks,
    Tyeshia
  • aschalk
    aschalk Posts: 3
    Options
    bump!!
  • lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I got this recipe from SkinnyTaste.com, and these were the best chicken nugget I have ever had!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/healthy-baked-chicken-nuggets.html

Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1/4th of nuggets • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 4 pts
    Calories: 164.9 • Fat: 4.6 g • Protein: 22.1 g • Carb: 7.7 g • Fiber: 0.9 g • Sugar: 0.1 g

16 oz (2 large) skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into even bit sized pieces
    salt and pepper to taste
    2 tsp olive oil
    6 tbsp whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
    2 tbsp panko
    2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
    olive oil spray (I used my Misto)

Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.

Put the olive oil in one bowl and the breadcrumbs, panko and parmesan cheese in another.

Season chicken with salt and pepper, then put in the bowl with the olive oil and mix well so the olive oil evenly coats all of the chicken.

Put a few chunks of chicken at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on the baking sheet. Lightly spray the top with olive oil spray then bake 8 - 10 minutes. Turn over then cook another 4 - 5 minutes or until cooked though