food???

Options
Jsnbabb1
Jsnbabb1 Posts: 146 Member
what are some things yall eat during the day...to lose weight.

Replies

• RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    chicken, tilapia, whey protein shakes, oats, natural peanut butter, asparagus, sweet potatoes, egg and egg whites.. I think that is about my entire grocery list haha
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I switched out all my white carbs for brown ones. I use 35 calorie wheat bread for sandwiches, I love Sara Lee mini bagels (100 cals each) and I eat loads of fresh vegetables (about four to five cups at a time, chopped carrots, broccoli and cauliflower). I keep apples and oranges handy and always load up on water.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    strawberries, blackberries, blueberries
    greek yogurt
    egg whites
    baby spinach
    mushrooms
    organic whole grain bread
    brussle sprouts
    corn
    lentils
    reduced sodium cottage cheese
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    chicken, tilapia, whey protein shakes, oats, natural peanut butter, asparagus, sweet potatoes, egg and egg whites.. I think that is about my entire grocery list haha

My list looks about the same - but I don't like protein shakes so I replace that with Non Fat Greek yogurt. Any fruits and veggies that are in season (lots of these) and supplement with frozen veggies (green beans, cauliflower, etc. I never leave the store without a giant tub of greens, baby carrots, or almonds - lol.

I've stopped eating tilapia since I read (and i don't remember where or I'd link) that it is nationally void (and I never really liked it - just forcing it down because I thought it was good for me) - but now eat a bunch of tuna and salmon.

As for "treats," Iike vitatops and they don't send me into a sweet stuff binge like other sweets do.
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    2/3rd cup of special k cereal with lite and fit yogurt . I buy the variety of cereal and switch up flavors of yogurt to! I also eat special k bars and special k sea salt cracker chips for snacks. Protein shakes with frozen fruit in blender with low fat milk as a meal replacement. I think water fills up my hunger as well
  • Time2BSkinny
    Options
    Kids Cliff Bars
    Sweet Potatoes
    Grapes, Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries
    Asparagus
    Dannon Light and Fit Yogurt with Granola (Saw a previous post that uses Special K cereal and might try doing that instead!)
    Pretzels dipped in light whipped cream cheese
  • fat214
    fat214 Posts: 109
    Options
    bump
  • Time2BSkinny
    Options
    Oh! I also use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter on my asparagus, sweet potatoes, air popped popcorn...whatever!
  • zaz936
    zaz936 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Oh! I also use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter on my asparagus, sweet potatoes, air popped popcorn...whatever!

What is that?? I never heard of that!
  • Time2BSkinny
    Options
    It's a spray butter- I substitute it for real butter and I actually like the taste better than real butter

This link shows the nutritional facts and what it looks like:
    http://www.icantbelieveitsnotbutter.com/Products/Olive-Oil-Spray.aspx
  • Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    Options
    Find your favorite fruits and veggies and stock them! I like fruit especially for snacks, so I find whatever looks good at the store or is on sale/in season. Right now, I have blackberries and strawberries (sometimes, I add a pinch of sugar too). Switch it up every week and you'll start to look forward to them. Finish that off with some protein that feels a little decadent. I love cheese, so even a lo-cal cheese stick satisfies me (or a small portion of full-fat cheddar), but pick whatever satisfies you, from nuts to hummus to yogurt.