Blue Team after Thanksgiving.

Options
Hi all Smurfettes and Papa Smurf. We sure have been a real quiet bunch lately. I thought I would try to write something. I hope everyone had a great holiday. I actually didnt gain any over Thanksgiving. I call that a miracle. I miss seeing how everyone is doing with this challenge. Tomorrow is the last day for my Fall Fitness Challenge at the rec center. They are also having a 5K run and walk on January 1st I have decided to do. It will be my first one ever and I will have to walk most of it. But it is a great way to start the new year. I hope to see some of you chatting on here.

Connie

Replies

• connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Hi all Smurfettes and Papa Smurf. We sure have been a real quiet bunch lately. I thought I would try to write something. I hope everyone had a great holiday. I actually didnt gain any over Thanksgiving. I call that a miracle. I miss seeing how everyone is doing with this challenge. Tomorrow is the last day for my Fall Fitness Challenge at the rec center. They are also having a 5K run and walk on January 1st I have decided to do. It will be my first one ever and I will have to walk most of it. But it is a great way to start the new year. I hope to see some of you chatting on here.

Connie
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Hey Connie! Congrats on making the decision to do the 5K! I may do one - one day! Great job with not gaining any weight over the holiday. I also wanted to give a great big high five on your weightlos.....when i left the blue team you were at 20lbs lost and now your at 32lbs lost....you go girl!

im up ten lbs:ohwell: well i WAS up ten lbs now im up five lbs:smile: . I started back to my workouts and my healthy 'consistant' eating the day after thanksgiving. Im determined to lose this time!

Can't wait to start losing agian!

Hey,have you done the 3T totally tubular workout? I just got it and im doing for the first time today...i love new workouts!:bigsmile: I also got a HRM about a month ago and i love it!

Although im not a member of the blue team anymore i would love to check in somewhere on mfp.....maybe there will be more checking in on this thread!

hugs to ya.....im so proud of you!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Thank you Punka for all those encouraging words. I dont have that workout, you will have to tell me if it is fun. I really dont do to many of the dvds anymore because I usually go to the gym. I love my step classes. I have a HRM right now but it is only a strapless one. My hubby just bought me the Polar F6 last night for Xmas. Now I have to wait until we get it in the mail. I cant wait. I have been wanting one with a strap for while now. I have heard that one is a good one. In reference to the 5K. I just say get out there and do one. I still weigh 266 lbs and I cant run long distances at all and I am sure that I will come in last but I am still going to do it. I hoping it will be fun. Its less than 4 miles so I have walked that before. We live in the mountains, I just hope it wont be uphill LOL.

Connie
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    hello everybody !!

happy to see that you 2 are doing well !!

steady it goes for me, we dont celebrate thanksgiving so that was not an issue. but i do see xmas coming up but im feeling positive about it .. i know i can be sensible !

the scale is moving. slowly but moving.. im going home in 2 months.. i dont think i'll reach my goal of 145 but would love to be under 150 !! thats 15 lbs away.. that doable..

off to make dinner !! have a good week !
    may
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Hey May! Nice to see you! Looks like your doing awesome to with your weightloss...55lbs Great job:drinker: . Glad to hear your doing good....and im sure you will reach your goal and go beyond it:wink:

Connie-Ive heard the F6 is really nice! I almost got a polar HRM but i ended up getting a Nike Imara...which im happy with! It has a chest strap and it easy to read. the main thing is that i now know how many calories im burning...which is really the only reason i wanted one. LOLat your 5K comment being uphill....hopefully it won't be. I will check around and see if theres any races around were i live....i would love to say that i did one! Thanks for the encouragement!

Hey to everybody that pops in! Im sure i will BBL:wink:
  • ThisIsJeffHere
    Options
    Hi Smurfettes!

I indulged on Thanksgiving and the weekend, but I got right back on track today. I'm sure I put on a bit, but that's OK. I had a great weekend at home with family and friends, and I moved on.

I have my personal training tomorrow night, so I am very excited. I also was at Trader Joe's and bought some amazing stuff tonight :)

I think we do better with daily threads because there is less confusion. Is anybody opposed to that?
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    Hey all,

Congrats Connie on deciding to do the 5K. It is nice to finish first but I find it more inspiring when a person just finishes. The hardest step is always the first one. So, yeah to you!!!!

I was battling a cold this last week and didn't exercise. It is funny how exercising is easier when you can breath.:wink: Hope everyone else is healthy.